• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flown:

Katie Couric - very nice

William Holbrooke, US Ambassador to the UN - Kept quiet, but not impolite

Jimmy Buffett. My old boss and Jimmy were good friends so we would fly with him in his Caravan when his pilots weren't around (usually they were somewhere else in the Citation, then Falcon, with his wife). When Jimmy was in the plane I was in the back while he and the boss flew the Caravan. The first time I met him, he thought I was a Parrott Head so he was cool - we chatted about flying and fishing. On all of the flights after that, when he knew I was just the hired help he was a prick - not even a hello.

Dennis Connor - Stars and Stripes America's Cup Captain. Cool guy.

Calvin Kleins ex-wife - I forget her first name but she is hot and very nice.

Leon Harris - CNN Anchorman. At the time he was a local news reporter in CT. I flew him to Martha's Vineyard the morning after JFK, Jr. went down. He was alright until we got there, then he started in with his stupid reporter questions. I politely told him that I had to take off immediately for another charter and didn't have time for an interview. That day, MVY was the busiest airport I had ever been to.

Seen:

Richard Gere

Mary Tyler Moore - I was waiting for a charter in TEB while she and her husband were waiting for their charter. MTM's dog jumped in my lap and she was very embarrassed and apologized. She was very nice and we chatted for a while.

Matthew Broderick - cool guy

James Brown

Sen. John McCain - Wasn't watching where he was walking in the FBO at LGA and bumped into me from behind, then looked at me like I stood in his way on purpose. I always thought he was a prick - now I know.

J. Lo and Puffy, Puff Daddy, P. Diddy (whatever his name is this week). They got on a helicopter in HTO going to NYC.

Ron Howard

Elle MacPherson - hot

That's all that I can remember for now.

C425Driver

While working as a CFI at DAB Hank Williams wife did a charter with us. She was very nice and talkative when we all talked to her at the FBO. I've met the pilots of several NASCAR teams including Jeff Gordon's team, Dale Earnhart Sr and Jr, Jack Roush (who by the way gets my vote for flying with the most style), and thats just to name a few.

I flew seal, tyra banks and one of the chicks from vip out of JFK. I have seen reba, shania and alan jackson when i was in BNA. The best was this guy that came hauling ass into the mens room right into the crapper to let out a major steamer. I bolted out immediately and was sitting on the couch in the lobby and out walks kenny g. LOL!!!!

I have nothing to add, but Wow! Elizabeth Hurley?! Lucky man. She is definitely in my Top 3 list of all time. Till the day I die I will never undrstand what Hugh was thinking. I want to smack him everytime I see one of his dumb movies.

Just remember, no matter how hot or beautiful, someone is tired of putting up with their poop!

PS. Wouldn't you get tired of fillet everyday and maybe get burger everyonce in a while! Can't blame Hugh on this one!

Back in 1989 at Santa Monica air port on a Sunday morning I was pre-flighting my old Apache and a Guy with long black hair pulled into a pony tail wearing mirrored sun glasses and motorcycle fingerless gloves was pre -flighting a Bell Helicopter near me. A short man walked right near me and said hi and I got to shake the hand of Kirt Douglas. he got in his Bell and sat on the ramp at least 10 to 15 minutes blowing dust and dirt all over me. Finally a line guy ran out with a bottle of Jack Daniels and opened the back door and gave it to Kirt and away they went. My guess his pilot did not pre-flight the liquor cabinet very well...

KlingonLRDRVR

I have personally flown:

George W. Bush & Laura Bush - numerous trips
George H. W. Bush Sr. & Barbara Bush -numerous trips
Gerald Ford- to EGE
Dan Quale (sp)- to MRY

Obviously, since I am not an AF or Marine Colonel it was not when they were in office.

The biggest prick that I have ever flown is without a doubt Steven Seagal! I will never fly him again!

Here's my boring list of folks I've seen in my travels:
Sports
-Michael Jordon
-Kurt Angle ("professional"wrestler and some other wrestler - that flight was really jazzed up. Had a bunch of high school kids on there who obviously knew who these guys were)
-Denny Crum (former University of Louisville men's basketball coach)
-various men's college basketball teams
-various television sports announcers
Politicians (who cares??!!):
-the Guv of Indiana
-mayor of Louisville Jerry Abramsom
-Congresswoman Anne Northrup
No show biz people that I know of. However, it would be a dream come true to see J'Lo, King Hillary, and Rosie O'Donnell but I probably won't get so lucky.

speacking of steven seagal-a company i was working 4 a few years ago use to fly him and his kids around-he would show up with a buddist monk and have the monk would bless the airplane and the crew before he would get on-his kids were monsters-when they flew without sg-they would trash the airplane-opening all the soda and dumping all the catering on the floor. it got so bad that when they flew the companyn would strip the airplane of all soda and catering items-sg would always carry a 45 auto tucked in his back-paranoid i quess

Celebs

Mohummud Ali shook hands with me in LGA when he got off my plane.

Cal Ripkin-Nice, down to earth.

Stedman Graham- nice

Tony Bennit- nice

Sen. Leahy, VT

Jesse Jackson

Jerry Falwell

Donna Shalayla(sp)

Latest resources

Back