• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wow, Delta's Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know you're proud of this argument- but the analogy only works if you had plans to integrate all express pilots into mainline next year.

Do you have those plans GL?
For the record I don't like AT pay or how long it's taking to integrate - but your flimsy argument is so see through even the haters here (scoot / frbrd) don't agree with you-

Why not try and stay on topic and talk about how much delta and dalpa like to sell out

Wavey,

Aren't you outsourcing to cheaper labor with a jet the same size as yours? Yes, yes you are. I understand the merger process, but most mergers try to attain pay parity quickly, especially on the same plane. Oh wait, maybe you guys wanted to shove something up their rears and give them a great "take or or leave it" offer? Sounds plausible, and it appears outsourcing to a cheaper vendor so you could get better SLI outside the "normal" arbitration process that almost every recent merger has followed. Hypocrite! Thanks to all that, I bet any loyalty other than a bit from "Benedict" Maxblast will be washed down the toilet.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I understand the merger process, but most mergers try to attain pay parity quickly, especially on the same plane. Oh wait, maybe you guys wanted to shove something up their rears and give them a great "take or or leave it" offer?
The ATN Merger Committee negotiated SIA #1 which gave pay parity to the AirTran side on 4/1/12 as well as some significant C&Rs to blunt the seniority loss until enough senior SWA pilots retired. Gary Kelly thought his $100 million per year offer was generous. The ATN MEC gave Gary Kelly the middle finger against the recommendations of the Merger Committee and attorneys. Given the fact that Gary Kelly was able to dump the B717s, I would hardly say the Plan B threat was a bluff. Fragmentation situations are never pretty. Ask the Pan Am or Eastern pilots.

Thanks to all that, I bet any loyalty other than a bit from "Benedict" Maxblast will be washed down the toilet.
Why the name calling General? You upset that I have no desire to leave a financially secure airline to start at the bottom of an airline with $26 billion in significant liabilities?

In the last 13 years I've come across exactly 3 Delta employees who were nice, not rude, or arrogant... (they were 3 gate agents in SEA who were very very nice and helpfull)

Today I ran across another prick (female kinda maybe?) in a customs line. Had a commute to catch home and everyone in the line had no problem with me scooting ahead to catch a flight.. Well everyone (all 20 or so of them) except this one DL FA (shemale?) who babbled something incoherent about something. Only thing I could make out was that I should get the fastpass thing.. (even though I generally don't do international so it would be a waste of money for the most part) I literally looked at her and said "I lost you about 2 sentences ago!"

This was the first Delta thread I saw so it goes here...:p

I do feel better now though

In the last 13 years I've come across exactly 3 Delta employees who were nice, not rude, or arrogant... (they were 3 gate agents in SEA who were very very nice and helpfull)

Today I ran across another prick (female kinda maybe?) in a customs line. Had a commute to catch home and everyone in the line had no problem with me scooting ahead to catch a flight.. Well everyone (all 20 or so of them) except this one DL FA (shemale?) who babbled something incoherent about something. Only thing I could make out was that I should get the fastpass thing.. (even though I generally don't do international so it would be a waste of money for the most part) I literally looked at her and said "I lost you about 2 sentences ago!"

Wow, let me guess? You failed the psych eval..... Yeah, yeah you did.

Bye Bye---General Lee

The ATN Merger Committee negotiated SIA #1 which gave pay parity to the AirTran side on 4/1/12 as well as some significant C&Rs to blunt the seniority loss until enough senior SWA pilots retired. Gary Kelly thought his $100 million per year offer was generous. The ATN MEC gave Gary Kelly the middle finger against the recommendations of the Merger Committee and attorneys. Given the fact that Gary Kelly was able to dump the B717s, I would hardly say the Plan B threat was a bluff. Fragmentation situations are never pretty. Ask the Pan Am or Eastern pilots.

Why the name calling General? You upset that I have no desire to leave a financially secure airline to start at the bottom of an airline with $26 billion in significant liabilities?

Max, according to other AT people on this board, you failed miserably at your negotiating post. This being an anonymous board, I have to still think they know about you and maybe know the circumstances. Do you feel bad about letting them down?

As far as DL's debt, with the help from fees that your new management is scared of, I'd say a lot of it will be paid down early. So far, that has been the case, to Wall Street's delight. DL stock has quadrupled since the merger, and record profits triple the amount of yours continue. Consolidation will continue to strengthen the big 3, no doubt. Which one will you apply to? Good luck Max.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Max, according to other AT people on this board, you failed miserably at your negotiating post. This being an anonymous board, I have to still think they know about you and maybe know the circumstances. Do you feel bad about letting them down?
The Merger Committee did not use the ATN forum or FlightInfo to gauge the opinions of the pilot group. About 1-2% of the AirTran pilots post regularly and another 20-30% were "lurkers". The Merger Committee was told to get the best negotiated deal twice by the MEC. Unfortunately for the AirTran pilot group, there was a $300 million difference between SIA #1 and SIA #2.

As far as DL's debt, with the help from fees that your new management is scared of, I'd say a lot of it will be paid down early. So far, that has been the case, to Wall Street's delight. DL stock has quadrupled since the merger, and record profits triple the amount of yours continue. Consolidation will continue to strengthen the big 3, no doubt. Which one will you apply to? Good luck Max.
You are just not getting it General. If Delta was paying corporate tax every quarter like Southwest, Delta's profits would only be about double Southwest's. But since Delta's revenues are over twice Southwest's, you still are not getting that Southwest's pre-tax margin was higher than Delta's last quarter.

But I will give you this General. Out of the big 3 carriers that have all gone bankrupt in the last 10 years, Delta is performing the best financially and will probably continue to do so. It seams likely that United-Continental and American-USAirways will continue to struggle with integration issues and fail to capitalize on all the merger synergies promised to investors.

So.....20 crewmembers have to let you go first because you choose to commute and are too cheap to get Global Entry (it costs $20 a YEAR). I would have let you go in front of me, as we all need to sort of take care of each other, but you seem like a rather entitled sort.

I think everyone just dislikes you because of your serious self entitlement attitude.

Latest resources

Back