• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wow, Delta's Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
He calls out others for being "scared" but has me on ignore.

GL-- i have pointed out all those things. NO, you can't just get rid of all rj's at once. I never suggested that-

YOU have to suggest that's what i'm saying bc your argument is so flimsy. Youre the Fox news of FI- just repeat something untrue often enough and you think you can still paint the perception of what i'm saying and discredit me. Classy as we expect from you GL.

What you didn't need to do was allow the INCREASE in the number of CRJ 900's - Why did that number need to increase just when economic pressure was going to naturally decrease the number of 50 seaters? Why couldn't DALPA fly those airplanes if the delta system needed them so bad?

You reloaded the whipsaw market with hundreds more "economically viable, profitable "RJs"' and gave away what is essentially a few seats short of your DC9's

And yes- a -900 is a 90 seater. The extra space is used for a very profitable first class.
by your logic Gen, it would be ok for republic and skywest to fly 737's if they were configured to 76 seats??

you guys are sellouts-

nice profit- that helps me- but don't expect to ever get a pass on leading the charge in outsourcing. Management knows you guys have no line in the sand. All they have to do is muddy the waters a bit, and add in a bit of incentives and you guys will always boil the frog to larger and larger outsourcing.

He calls out others for being "scared" but has me on ignore.

GL-- i have pointed out all those things. NO, you can't just get rid of all rj's at once. I never suggested that-

YOU have to suggest that's what i'm saying bc your argument is so flimsy. Youre the Fox news of FI- just repeat something untrue often enough and you think you can still paint the perception of what i'm saying and discredit me. Classy as we expect from you GL.

What you didn't need to do was allow the INCREASE in the number of CRJ 900's - Why did that number need to increase just when economic pressure was going to naturally decrease the number of 50 seaters? Why couldn't DALPA fly those airplanes if the delta system needed them so bad?

You reloaded the whipsaw market with hundreds more "economically viable, profitable "RJs"' and gave away what is essentially a few seats short of your DC9's

And yes- a -900 is a 90 seater. The extra space is used for a very profitable first class.
by your logic Gen, it would be ok for republic and skywest to fly 737's if they were configured to 76 seats??

you guys are sellouts-

nice profit- that helps me- but don't expect to ever get a pass on leading the charge in outsourcing. Management knows you guys have no line in the sand. All they have to do is muddy the waters a bit, and add in a bit of incentives and you guys will always boil the frog to larger and larger outsourcing.

Let's see.....civilian crj pilot with a 737 type. Did you sell out by paying for training or by substandard rates at Air Tran to get your foot in the door?

And yes, the Delta pilots sold out. That doesn't make you any less of a hypocrite.

Well, you're missing a step. How about furloughed legacy pilot and turboprop capt before I ever stepped foot in an RJ.

My "brothers" sold out my job while I was on furlough- and I made the best of things and have more than taken care of my family and landed on my feet. Including using the furlough to start a business. I used that money to buy my type after being offered employment by SWA- but lets say I bought it years before trying to pad my resume?. An INDIVIDUAL making an INDIVIDUAL CHOICE is a much different thing than a collective group making a choice that other COLLECTIVE groups will have to work under. I absolutely hate outsourcing, and what you miss is outsourcing takes a legacy pilot vote to happen. This isn't a which comes first- a vote or a pilot who accepts a job. We know the vote comes first. And those votes are neither simple nor un-worthy of critique.

But profitability only helps our case against outsourcing and I'm very happy to see these numbers put up by delta.

Last edited:
Hey Wavehole....

When you get done with your next trip, head back down to South Beach and hand out free Oral favors so you can get your dignity back you PAy for type hypocrite!!

You all are your own worst enemies. What goes around comes around. There are so many knives in each other's backs in this business, you all should tape a commercial for CASE or BUCK. Pathetic......

You all are your own worst enemies. What goes around comes around. There are so many knives in each other's backs in this business, you all should tape a commercial for CASE or BUCK. Pathetic......

Thanks George Will...

Glad you chimed in!

I prefer a good Buck folder, Case quality is down lately.

Ladies, until we act like we are all pilots doing the same thing, demand the same thing, management has us in the barrel.

Thanks for the rape and the pay cut Delta.

Sincerely,

Endeavor Pilots (Pinnacle)

Do Pinnacle pilots have an ATP? <<sarcasm.

Yes ALPA set up a scam from the beginning. All pilots are equal except some pilots are more equal than other pilots. Whoopee, some ATPs get paid ten times as much as other ATPs in the same profession despite a "national union". WTF?

Where the h#ll is Rez and PCL so they can tell us how this makes sense. :D

Twisted Mind? Really?

Somebody didn't hug you or something growing up?

Do tell these opportunities I have had?
I have luckily never been furloughed but did lose my pension.....but love my job!! I don't blame other people for my life's choices. Nothings fair, Then again, I am dealing with people like you and XJ who are part of the problem with this world, who want it all handed to them and then when it doesn't pan out, blame somebody else.

Nice hit and run Twisted....so hike up your skirt and join the debate instead of calling somebody a whiner (ooooOOooooo) or PM me if you are scared. This oughta be good!

Enough of this "my choices" crap. Professional pilots have ATPs, and yes to get that ATP "their choices" and hard work are about 95% the reason they earned it.

But a pilots career progression is about 95% luck, timing, and circumstances, and no body should be crowing about their "choices" until they are retired, and by then they will know its only the inexperienced and immature who crow about their choices. I am sick of pilots that are equal professionals looking down or up at others as if their "choice" of employer means more than a fart. :D :)

Well, you're missing a step. How about furloughed legacy pilot and turboprop capt before I ever stepped foot in an RJ.

My "brothers" sold out my job while I was on furlough- and I made the best of things and have more than taken care of my family and landed on my feet. Including using the furlough to start a business. I used that money to buy my type after being offered employment by SWA- but lets say I bought it years before trying to pad my resume?. An INDIVIDUAL making an INDIVIDUAL CHOICE is a much different thing than a collective group making a choice that other COLLECTIVE groups will have to work under. I absolutely hate outsourcing, and what you miss is outsourcing takes a legacy pilot vote to happen. This isn't a which comes first- a vote or a pilot who accepts a job. We know the vote comes first. And those votes are neither simple nor un-worthy of critique.

But profitability only helps our case against outsourcing and I'm very happy to see these numbers put up by delta.

You can color it any way you want, but Delta pilots "selling out" is really no different than pilots joining a lower paid airline to get their foot in the door or paying for your job via a type rating. (you can deny pft all you want, but we all know what is going on)

Chastising Delta pilots collective behavior, while defending yours makes you a hypocrite. Individual choices are much easier to make, and control. Trying to get 14K pilots to turn down a 21% raise is much more difficult.

BTW, I am not knocking you for taking care of your family. There are much more important things in life than flying airplanes. People will find ways to take care of themselves, especially in this business. Some fly maximum, some sue, some scab, some call in sick to do their "other job", some cheat, some just do their jobs and go home. There is no such thing as a "collective group" anymore. Those days died long ago.

I could go on an on about the SWA pilot group, and how they continuously screw the entire piloting profession. You could make a case that everyone is working more, making less, and lacking retirement due to SWA pilots hanging on the bar since their inception, but then IO become you. Griping about not getting your love, how your pilot group screwed you, how the Delta pilots screwed you, and everything else just makes you a hypocrite. I will give you credit, your story is unique--just like everyone else's. :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back