• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wow, Delta's Earnings

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So.....20 crewmembers have to let you go first because you choose to commute and are too cheap to get Global Entry (it costs $20 a YEAR). I would have let you go in front of me, as we all need to sort of take care of each other, but you seem like a rather entitled sort.

I can only assume you work for DL:

GL assumes everyone is dying to apply to Delta.

You have the super human power of knowing a persons personality from one post on an internet site...

See how easy it is to be able to call nearly every Delta employee I've ever come across as rude or arrogant:rolleyes:

In this case I had no intention of cutting until another int. flight crew said "dude you should totally go to the front" And since there are about 25 daily flights to where I was going, I really have no need for crew pass, it was just this one instance of an engagement I had that the next flight would not have allowed me to make.

But then again, you're DL and know the fabric of people from a post:beer:

GL assumes everyone is dying to apply to Delta.

You have the super human power of knowing a persons personality from one post on an internet site...

See how easy it is to be able to call nearly every Delta employee I've ever come across as rude or arrogant:rolleyes:

In this case I had no intention of cutting until another int. flight crew said "dude you should totally go to the front" And since there are about 25 daily flights to where I was going, I really have no need for crew pass, it was just this one instance of an engagement I had that the next flight would not have allowed me to make.

But then again, you're DL and know the fabric of people from a post:beer:

You should have gone with your first instinct. I'm sure nobody else had a flight to catch. :rolleyes:. You are officially a tool. Even worse you think that Delta people are the problem.

I need to provide for my family until which time I get hired by a better carrier. Because of that requirement I have not bitch slapped the leaders of Delta, ALPA, DL ALPA, 9E's MEC, and guys like you. None of you have a clue. For that matter any Delta pilot who smiles at their f'ing profit sharing check should be bitch slapped too. For that they are doing to their fellow ALPA pilots all in the name of profits and a check. Why when a ALPA pilot who works for the same company, one ALPA pilot stays at a Double Tree while another ALPA pilot who is employed by an owned carrier of that same company stays at a 25 year old Ramada? Screw ALPA

If a Delta pilot had to deal with what a Endeavor pilot has to deal with on a daily basis they would be crying.

Our SOC/Dispatch/Maintenance are doing things that have serious safety implications. The shortage of pilots (since people are quitting) are making schedules terrible for all but the most senior. Junior manning is happening all the time, schedules are being doctored to get extra turns in under a 14 hour day. Last leg dead heads are being listed on over sold flights as standbys so that the pilot gets forced into working into days off. Releases...oh those interesting releases. 600 mile flights being filed under 10,000 ft while the 40 mile Alternate is at FL310. MX procedures are not being completed regularly and its up to the pilots to find them on every flight because it seems every aircraft has multiple MELS ( I found one HYD 1 SOV deferral in which they took out the engine driven pump entirely but did not pull the required CB's nor did they cap the hydraulic lines. Real nice. How about how many APU and single packs we fly with in the summer. I am sure those precious Delta passengers love that. I come to work and love my job, but the extra crap that they are throwing on us is just peachy. The funny thing is if I do not catch one of these things because I am flying 94 hours a month, 11 days off, 14 hour duty days all the time, and junior manned when ever they can-and since I was tired and did not find a screw up from dispatch or maintenance and something goes wrong, I get a letter in my file and Delta will not hired me because they have access to all that when I apply to Delta-when they caused it to begin with because of the crappy operation they created.

Nothing is stopping my professionalism at work, how I treat co workers and passengers and how I take pride in my job performance. But I am calling it as I see it. Glad to see Delta is doing well, maybe they will not shut us down and I will provide for my family. But the situation sucks unless you are a Delta pilot cashing a check while standing on the backs of an Endeavor pilot.

Been there, done that, got the "paid in full" t-shirt. Looks like you're the one that's crying.

XJ Hawk. We all hate how it was in the regionals. Many people are trying to change that. But....if you think Delta pilots are cashing our checks because of you.....you way over value yourself and your airline. You think you are the first to fly 8/9 leg, 15/16 hour days for peanuts?

XJ Hawk. We all hate how it was in the regionals. Many people are trying to change that. But....if you think Delta pilots are cashing our checks because of you.....you way over value yourself and your airline. You think you are the first to fly 8/9 leg, 15/16 hour days for peanuts?

No, but it is a bigger shame that they fly coast to coast at 410 15-16 hour days on 3-5 legs-

Who voted that in?

I fly a lot of international and a lot of international crew members tend to be commuters. I can guarantee you that in a line of 20 crew members waiting to clear customs, there is more than one that is tight on time to catch their commute. If you feel your time is more valuable than theirs then go ahead and skip to the front of the line, otherwise you should wait your turn like everyone else.

Last edited:
A CRJ-900 can go from JFK to MSP and then LAX. One stop. The game has changed drastically since 911. It does look like Delta pilots are cashing checks on the backs of regional guys when Delta pilots get a 20% pay raise to outsorce more large RJ's.

A CRJ-900 can go from JFK to MSP and then LAX. One stop. The game has changed drastically since 911. It does look like Delta pilots are cashing checks on the backs of regional guys when Delta pilots get a 20% pay raise to outsorce more large RJ's.

Then the same can be said for the bk era of the majors. The majors were bk and the regional guys were cashing their checks on the backs of mainline pilots who took 30% pay cuts.

I remember being at the regionals and getting new planes when the majors were furloughing. I was getting paid off the backs of the NWA pilots then right?

The five stops was a dig at Mr. SWA cool guy. Not that I don't understand how far an rj can fly.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ, talk about "first world problems" both SWA & DAL guys on this thread should take a ********************ing breather and get off the Internet and go enjoy your $100,000.00 + salary with your kids or something.

Latest resources

Back