• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would you...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fuselage envy is incurable. Stability, time with the family and pay are all that matters.

Gup

I concurr. Something to be said about being home for Christmas ,Thanksgiving celebrations with your family and having the kids' birthdays off. Can't put a price tag on stuff like that,no matter who you fly for or what you fly.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
Not to start anything, but just curiosity. Based on your total time you have not been at your regonal very long. How on earth did you make $100/k. I was at the highest paid regional for 12 years and barely made that my last year working 90+/hrs a month. Just asking...

This may sound crazy but I am/was in the same boat.

I have been at CJC for 5 years...had no debt coming in and now have a pretty sweat schedule...3 on 4 off with 90 pay credts a month min...then I add in IOE just about every tour....I instruct in the sim 2 weeks out of 8 or so....other than the sim I am home every night.....

I have some rental some property and a lucritive part time job (1 day a week).

I will make just shy of 100K this year.

So the wife and I made a decision last year...Fed Ex, SWA, or CJC for life. She discounted Fed Ex...said I like people too much and would not be happy moving boxes (I know there are a lot of advantages of moving boxes...but she does not know that). So it was SWA or CJC.

Well, I got in at SWA the pool at least...hopefully a class March or April of next year. I will enjoy being at the top through the holidays...but in the long run SWA will be the better place to be...I am sure when I look back 5 years from now I will be glad I made the move.

That said I would agree with one of the other posts...be picky if you are happy at your current job.

I actually told this story in the SWA interview and they seemed to like it too..

Good Luck

ID

This may sound crazy but I am/was in the same boat.

I have been at CJC for 5 years...had no debt coming in and now have a pretty sweat schedule...3 on 4 off with 90 pay credts a month min...then I add in IOE just about every tour....I instruct in the sim 2 weeks out of 8 or so....other than the sim I am home every night.....

I have some rental some property and a lucritive part time job (1 day a week).

I will make just shy of 100K this year.

So the wife and I made a decision last year...Fed Ex, SWA, or CJC for life. She discounted Fed Ex...said I like people too much and would not be happy moving boxes (I know there are a lot of advantages of moving boxes...but she does not know that). So it was SWA or CJC.

Well, I got in at SWA the pool at least...hopefully a class March or April of next year. I will enjoy being at the top through the holidays...but in the long run SWA will be the better place to be...I am sure when I look back 5 years from now I will be glad I made the move.

That said I would agree with one of the other posts...be picky if you are happy at your current job.

I actually told this story in the SWA interview and they seemed to like it too..

Good Luck

ID

Call me crazy but I'd take 375 per year (company working you about 4 days per month) moving boxes any day and twice on Sundays!

YMMV,

BBB

Hey Mega... saw this headline and thought of you!

"Married women unite! Husbands do less housework!"

Turns out married men actually do sit on their butts like your fiance! (And what's so wrong with that? :))

BBB

Last edited:
Still gotta meet this guy........I mean,I can't believe he asked her to marry him. He had to be coerced ,right?;)

Last edited:
More than likely, at the end of the day you will decide to move on. Better to bite-the-bullet now than later. Sure it ill cost you to move to major. It will cost you big. But the payoff in the long run is significant. $100K at a regional is about the limit of what you're going to make. Maybe 125, but that's it. Once you reach the 10 year point of just about any major. $125K is the bottom amount you would make. The reality is you will probably make $200K, assuming we all get better contracts as is the prediction of the moment.

Getting past the "second-class-citizen" status is what will naw at you your entire career. Like I said, better to get the initial hit out of the way now rather than later.

Still gotta meet this guy........I mean,I can't believe he asked her to marry him. He had to be coerced ,right?;)

I told him if he didn't ask me, I was going to cut his ba!!s off. Tee hee.

Awww, my honey....he's so nice. I'm actually nice to him believe it or not. He can do what he wants. He's so sweet. :blush:

Latest resources

Back