• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would You Go to Midwest Airlines? MidEx

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
KC and VALUE JET. What comparison is this GAY BOY? Shut the hell up and get a life. The question of this thread is, Would you work for Midwest? If it comes down between KC and Value Jet, I'd take KC any day. MORON. Now get back to class.

73-Driver said:
That's right, you guys can come and pick up the remnants just like you were suppose to do with ATA airlines in MDW.

Actually, us "guys" did just that. SWA was the one that came in and provided financial, operational and other support to ATA in MDW.

Any other brilliant observations you would care to make?

Here's one more for ya-

A Midex Capt wouldn't be so preoccupied with homosexuals. . . . you've got some issues, Chuckie Boy.

Better run that browser washer. Hate for your mom to come home from work and see you've been running your potty mouth on the 'puter again AND wearing your sister's underwear.

Yank McCobb said:
Actually, us "guys" did just that. SWA was the one that came in and provided financial, operational and other support to ATA in MDW.

Any other brilliant observations you would care to make?

I could of sworn that SWA handed you guys a one way ticket back to ATL, maybe I'm wrong!?

Chuck Yogourt said:
KC and VALUE JET. What comparison is this GAY BOY? Shut the hell up and get a life. The question of this thread is, Would you work for Midwest? If it comes down between KC and Value Jet, I'd take KC any day. MORON. Now get back to class.

Based on Ty's last comment and this one, I'd say he has you there, Chuckie.

I'd go back to the drawing board and either come up with some tangible facts regarding contract and financial comparisons or at least some fresh schtick. This attempt is pretty lame. Lets see, a "gay" reference and a "value jet" reference. Two of the weakest, most overused insults on flightinfo.

Heck, even real 15 yr old school kids do better than that.

You ARE making all MidEx pilots look bad with your personal agenda against Ty. I would fall back, regroup and come up with something that doesn't make you look like a complete jacka$$.

73-Driver said:
I could of sworn that SWA handed you guys a one way ticket back to ATL, maybe I'm wrong!?

I AM SWA. I thought my last post made that clear. Are you just not paying attention or are you just dense?

BTW...it's "could HAVE" ( as in "I could have sworn") not "could of". They should have taught you that in grade school.

Yank McCobb said:
I AM SWA. I thought my last post made that clear. Are you just not paying attention or are you just dense?

BTW...it's "could HAVE" ( as in "I could have sworn") not "could of". They should have taught you that in grade school.

Sorry Yank,

I thought you were from AirTran, not that I have anything against them. Most of us thought that the deal Southwest was offering was much better than what AirTran had on the table.

Can we go easy on the spelling lessons? Writing "could of sworn" is still shorter than writing "could have sworn". Last I checked "BTW" was not in the english dictionary, it should be " by the way". That was just a bad joke.

Ty Webb said:
I have a feeling that before it's over, the ATA guys will certainly have wished that our management had picked up the remnants instead of SWA . . . . I'd be willing to bet that since SWA made the big play for ATA assets, we have hired more ATA guys than SWA has, even though SWA was supposedly the "savior" and we were the "vultures".

Any real ATA guys care to comment on the hiring situation for ATA guys at FL and LUV?

Ty,
As a former ATA guy (left in april 05) you are just about right on. The Southwest deal may have kept the doors open longer at ATA as it was more of a code share than the Airtran deal was, but as far as the pilots are concerned those Southwest Preferential interviews turned out to be a bum deal. I was not interviewed as I resigned before effective furlough date but for those that did interview (about 70-80 roughly), less than 10 got hired. Airtran has done a great job of hiring many of ATA's pilots and Continental also has done a good job of picking up ATA guys. You got some good guys over there and I know they are happy to be there..

FurloughedAgain said:
It's funny how this industry works.

In 1998 you wouldn't believe how many people berated me for my decision to go to AirTran. If I had returned after the furlough, look how senior i'd be there today.

In 2000/2001 look how many people took a leap of faith on a little airline called "Jetblue" that was starting from scratch.

How about the folks who went to work for Morris Air (and who today are very senior at Southwest?)

How about the people who took a chance on a man named Fred Smith and his old Falcons flying air-freight. (FedEx)

The fact is YOU DONT KNOW what the future will bring. You're going to have to make the right decision FOR YOU... and hope for the best.

Go with your gut and good luck!

In 2000/2001 there were a "few" pilots who took a leap of faith..... but lets be honest. Mostly they couldn't get a job anywhere else worth going to. I've flown with some guys who tried to tell me that they turned down United, Delta, NorthWest to take a job making $70hr as a capt on a 320 in 2000. They "Knew that the jobs were going to shift from the Majors to the LCC". I'll call bull$h!t everytime. Don't fool yourself. They couldn't get hired anywhere else. Everyone has their own story and I'm not trying to lump all guys into this.... just most of them!

Stillflyn

73-Driver said:
Can we go easy on the spelling lessons? Writing "could of sworn" is still shorter than writing "could have sworn". Last I checked "BTW" was not in the english dictionary, it should be " by the way". That was just a bad joke.

Yes, we can. And you are right about the "BTW". I also have the ability to give credit when someone is right.

Oh, and "BTW", there is no such thing as a bad joke. It's just that some people don't always get it.:p

Take care...:D

Latest resources

Back