Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would you fly a single-engine airplane across the Atlantic???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
nikoz1200 said:
I do about 2 trips a month across. Don't ask me why... except that I always said I want to see the world before I get a real job. This certainly fits the bill. The company I work for does everything from 172s and PA28s to BE20s. Closest trip was to England, and the furthest to China. Just got back from taking a Warrior to England and a c208 to Africa. It is a lot of fun, but definatly isn't for everyone.

I respect those that want no part of a single engine crossing as much as those who do it all the time.

If you dont mind me asking, how did you get into the biz and what is your background? You can PM me

If you are doing it for a dedicated ferry company, you will probably be an independent contractor, and not a true employee. You also buy your own equipment (personal ELT, survival suit, extra radio, raft, life jacket, handheld GPS, charts, etc).

A couple of the major companies are based in FL.

Took an F-4 across the North Atlantic and an F-105 across the Pacific to Thailand. Liked two engines rather than one. Both were cramped and very uncomfortable. Was young then, doubt I would do it again at my old age. May have done a light civilian aircraft when I was young, now that I am old, let someone else do it.

Latest resources

Back