Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would you fly a single-engine airplane across the Atlantic???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Depends on how familiar I am with the aircraft. Also depends on the aux fuel tank, wasI there during installation (ie C152 on the right/left seat and in baggage compartment), doI have sufficient nav aids, radios. If I were able to speak to the mechanics, avionics people, and they gave me the go-ahead I would do it.

I would not have done it with 500-700 hours or even 1000 hours, yet now would feel more confident doing it, and also have developed enough relationships with mx and avionics that feel I would have the info necessary to successfully do it. Yeah, I would probably be nervous, have trepedation, yet would feel the challenge would be amazing in itself.

My main concern would be if I were able to stay awake for the entire duration. Albeit I have yet to fall asleep inadvertently yet.... After all I was once told, when you rely on yourself, you do what you need to do!

I know a guy that flew a Piper Tomohawk from Ohio to Germany. He has bigger balls then me!!

Yes.
I've done it 4 times.
I depends on your equipment, who maintains it, your training, blah, blah, blah... but, yes, it can be done safely.
No, I wasn't in a Cessna.

Fly_Chick said:
I would not have done it with 500-700 hours or even 1000 hours, yet now would feel more confident doing it
I've got a little over 8,500 hours and I wouldn't do it... No way, no how... Life expectancy in the North Atlantic is not very long... Think about it...

Life expectancy in the North Atlantic is not very long... Think about it...
Dont forget, humans do not dominate the top of the food chain when it comes to the ocean.

Latest resources

Back