• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Would NetJets Interview Me ....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is NetJets hurting for qualified applicants? What kind of experience do most of the new hires have?

There are several ATP farms out there. Even if not for the Netjets application, an ATP could help you escape regional F/O he!!. Do you think a major airline will take your application more seriously WITH an ATP or WITHOUT?

You are absolutely right. That's what I've been thinking and what others have been telling me. An ATP will get me out of here quicker than not, regardless of where I go. So, I need to find a less expensive way to do it. ALL ATPS is a ripoff. $2700 plus $300 for the written plus $400 for the examiner. Not many regional f/o's have that kind of scratch laying around.

You are absolutely right. That's what I've been thinking and what others have been telling me. An ATP will get me out of here quicker than not, regardless of where I go. So, I need to find a less expensive way to do it. ALL ATPS is a ripoff. $2700 plus $300 for the written plus $400 for the examiner. Not many regional f/o's have that kind of scratch laying around.

Id say get the ATP...if you got 5 friends that can hook you up, thats going to be a really big plus too. Just make sure that your "Myspace" page is clean though!

... without an ATP? If hired, I will show up for training with an ATP but I don't want to spend $2000+ for a "maybe."

I'm a regional F/O with more than 3000 hours in the ERJ. 3500 hours part 135 PIC before that in Caravans and Barons.

Thanks

IHF

Has your 3000 hours in the ERJ all with the same company? Surely you could have upgraded on something by now...thus getting your ATP for free...or was ACA the only one that gave ATP/type rides??

Has your 3000 hours in the ERJ all with the same company? Surely you could have upgraded on something by now.

I wish. I work at American Eagle. We have 8-year f/o's here. I am 800 numbers from jet captain, 600 from the Saab. We had eight, yes eight upgrades this month. You do the math. The upgrade for me is still years away and I've been almost four years now.

IHF

Ron... you have to have a nice helpful personality in order to work for NJA. You ready to kiss up to democrats?

IHF,

I just left Eagle after 3 years for a 135 job that is giving me a type and ATP, and PAYING ME to do it. There are lots of jobs out there because everyone is hiring now, and your jet time is valuable to somebody. I suggest looking for an intermediate stepping stone of a job that you can do for a year or so, that will get you an ATP...

Or give the guy in DFW a call, he is in the back of Flying Magazine, "Guaranteed ME ATP, $1300" I hear it is a piece of cake, and it isn't ALLATPs!

-CaKe

IHF,

I just left Eagle after 3 years for a 135 job that is giving me a type and ATP, and PAYING ME to do it. There are lots of jobs out there because everyone is hiring now, and your jet time is valuable to somebody. I suggest looking for an intermediate stepping stone of a job that you can do for a year or so, that will get you an ATP...

Or give the guy in DFW a call, he is in the back of Flying Magazine, "Guaranteed ME ATP, $1300" I hear it is a piece of cake, and it isn't ALLATPs!

-CaKe

Thanks for the info Cake. I'll look into that. The ATP will probably have to wait until next year though at the earliest. I've also been looking at Jetblue and some others that require it as well. It would be nice to find a job like yours and get paid to get the ATP however I'm still not sure I want to jump ship.

I do like where I'm at, have great schedules and lots of time off. I would just like to make more $$$ and have decent QOL. Who wouldn't? The only way to do that here is with an upgrade and that's still years away.

I've also been looking at Jetblue and some others that require it as well. It would be nice to find a job like yours and get paid to get the ATP however I'm still not sure I want to jump ship.

I do like where I'm at, have great schedules and lots of time off. I would just like to make more $$$ and have decent QOL. Who wouldn't? The only way to do that here is with an upgrade and that's still years away.

All you can do is make the best decisions with the info you have now. I am in a group of 4 pilots that were all hired at this company, and we have come up with the catchphrase "We'll See..." How everything works out :)

-CaKe

Ron... you have to have a nice helpful personality in order to work for NJA. You ready to kiss up to democrats?

Troy, is that you? Sure I can handle it. Thanks for the advice. BTW, Captain Rob L. misses you terribly here. He's still driving everybody nuts.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back