• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Worst Pa Announcements

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've always wanted to get on there and do the charlie brown adults' voice for a couple minutes... "wah wah wah wow..... wowo wah wah wow.."

My voice cracked big time a couple months ago. I'd barely flipped the switch before the FA was on the phone calling up front making fun of me. Fortunately have never done the ATC/PA switch up yet...

AWACoff said:
BLing,

No offense intended....BUT...would you be offended if I conducted a poll to see if anybody else finds you avatar as disgusting as I do? I'm trying to eat here (GAG!!!). Is that really a picture of the creator of this thread?

I am sorry to hear that you are so additcted to flighinfo that you cannot give it enough of a break to go enjoy a nice meal. Anways, to answer both of your questions, yes!

"Old days" ACA-ers will get this one, especially the J32 crews.....
"Boom chicka bow" was on the end of one guys PA every time.

I remember doing on PA, when as we were descending into Las Vegas, we had to take evasive manuevers to avoid some stupid Cessna at 15000. What a taterface.

One of my worst PA's was when I was new. We were waiting for connecting bags and delayed at the gate. I said "folks...we are waiting on some connecting bags from another flight...which should make some of you happy because now at least some of you will be getting your bags".
Not a PA, but I've done this before. (Long day, short overnight induced). I was talking to the Captain and Center went through a surge of calls to us. I was so used to pressing the button to talk, that I pressed it a few times when I was talking to the Captain. Doh.

labbats said:
I remember doing on PA, when as we were descending into Las Vegas, we had to take evasive manuevers to avoid some stupid Cessna at 15000. What a taterface.

Ouch!

Merry Christmas to you sir!

Except for the required before takeoff PA I make on every flight, every other PA I make is bad. I flew with a CA who didn't like to make PA's, and I'm not sure if he took more pleasure in not having to make a PA or listening to me butcher mine.

Some dumb things I've said:

"Sit back, relax, and have a cruise flight, I mean cruisin' flight, I mean good flight."

"I'm going to turn off the seat belt sign so feel free to use the restroom, however I remind you to keep your seat fastened securely around you while seated."

"Boy that sucked!" CA tells me PA is still on. "OOPS!"

Funny thing is, in my old career I used to give speeches to over 100 people on a regular basis and never got nervous, plus I was the lead singer in a band and we used to play to some packed bars and that never bothered me. Give me the hand mic for a PA and I start to panic, go figure.

usually i just lie to the pax. Ill say things like, "were cruising at about mach 4 at 50 feet and well be at our destination tomorrow sometime." ill also say "we hope you've enjoyed the service from our tokyo based flight crew."

you do that and youll be amazed at how many people really dont pay attention to those pax announcements.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back