• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

World

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, as a matter of fact, the CP's in the meet n greet indicated a number around 60 this year, and that was just for the CURRENT STAFFING SITUATION...not for the replacements if anyone jumps ship to FedEx or WN. It's a good time to apply.

ka

Hey MD11, just wanted to say, I've liked your sig line for a while now. Since it looks like I might be pulling gear for you eventually, I thought I'd let you know and suck up now.

Last edited:
No, as a matter of fact, the CP's in the meet n greet indicated a number around 60 this year, and that was just for the CURRENT STAFFING SITUATION...not for the replacements if anyone jumps ship to FedEx or WN. It's a good time to apply.

ka

Hey MD11, just wanted to say, I've liked your sig line for a while now. Since it looks like I might be pulling gear for you eventually, I thought I'd let you know and suck up now.

Well I am glad you like it. You don't need to be on the kiss butt early, kiss butt often plan around here folks will still buy you're beer. Welcome to World, I hope its all you want it to be.

Take care........MD

You guys make me sick! We carried World for the last 3 years and now you are hiring while we are losing airframes. You should be hiring our guys or at least have a combined seniority list! NAA Pilot!

Last edited:
You guys make me sick! We carried World for the last 3 years and now you are hiring while we are losing airframes. You should be hiring our guys or at least have a combined seniority list! NAA Pilot!

Sorry you're feeling sick, have a drink and relax. As I recall NA did some hiring while World had crews out on furlough and while I agree it sucks those decisions are made well above our pay grade. As to the combined seniority list you need to talk your reps of 5 years ago when World bought NA. We as a pilot group were very willing and tried to start a dialog several times to minimize the whip saw. NA pilots or their Exco would have nothing to do with the talks. As a group WOA has a much more senior list and I have to assume that was the fear however the pilot group at WOA was in agreement to put up fences of 5 plus years with the goal of one list and to keep Mgmt. from playing us off of each other. There are still many of the pilots at WOA that are interested in a combined list and combined companies but at this point its getting very little traction.

But before you get sick you need to take a look at your own house and see if you can have an effect on joining lists from your side of the table.

Cheers and I hope you feel better sooon.

The interview went GREAT, thanks for asking. Interviewed 10 and a class of 6 starts May 4.

ka

oh, AND I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Can you please shed some light on the interview process for the others that may get a shot. I have a friend that will have an interview soon and have no idea what to tell him.

Also, for who ever said I can't wait to "yank the gear," please clear your mind of that mentality. FOs are not gear yankers around here. Most are highly qualified, type rated, essential pilots that keep this company successful and alive. Give yourself a little more credit than being a regional or domestic major FO.

Good luck to all, your presence is badly needed and greatly desired!!

PtP

[/QUOTE]
Also, for who ever said I can't wait to "yank the gear," please clear your mind of that mentality. FOs are not gear yankers around here. Most are highly qualified, type rated, essential pilots that keep this company successful and alive. Give yourself a little more credit than being a regional or domestic major FO.

Good luck to all, your presence is badly needed and greatly desired!!

PtP[/QUOTE]

That was me...and that was sarcasm.

The interview was as laid back as could be. I don't think I'm giving away secrets by passing this along. It's a 3 day process. Day 1 was a meet and greet with the Chief Pilots and some current line guys. Basic topic was "This is World, this is where we go, this is the schedule>" "Q and A" period. Refreshments where served. Day 2 was the paperwork that is standard to any airline job. Later in day 2 was the 4 on 1 interview. Log Book review, "You DO know what kind of schedule we fly, right?" was the question most often asked. Was asked about previous jobs, asked why I wanted to leave my current job, asked if I had any accidents incidents, violations, or busted checkrides. (I busted a type ride once...told em what happened and what I had learned). VERY relaxed. Day 3 was the L1011 sim at Delta Training Center. If you haven't flown round dials in a while...well, it is a beast. Basic can you fly an airplane stuff. Finish with an ILS to ATL. The end.

All in all, very friendly and laid back. I'm looking forward to working with a great bunch of guys.

ka

Sorry you're feeling sick, have a drink and relax. As I recall NA did some hiring while World had crews out on furlough and while I agree it sucks those decisions are made well above our pay grade. As to the combined seniority list you need to talk your reps of 5 years ago when World bought NA.

Amazing, we still have pilots that are furlough, are you offering them a job? NO YOU ARE NOT! What's more amazing, we are hiring your over paid 90 year old flight attendants at their World pay rates. Have you interviewed one of our furlough pilots? NO! As for the combined seniority list, I remember that conversation; Dear NAA pilots, since we are both IBT, we will staple you to the bottom of the list and not offer you anything. That's sounds like a great deal for you. Without us World would be out of business, not my words but CM words in at a town hall meeting in Leipzig. As for IBT, your boy DB, signed 3 MOUs before he walked out the door, just because he was pissed that we went to ALPA. Why don't you question IBT about that issue? Ask HR why none of the NAA furlough pilots are being interviewed? After that, come up with a better integration of the seniority list than us being stapled to the bottom. As for your new hires, they should not be on the property before an NAA pilot!

Sorry you're feeling sick, have a drink and relax. As I recall NA did some hiring while World had crews out on furlough and while I agree it sucks those decisions are made well above our pay grade. As to the combined seniority list you need to talk your reps of 5 years ago when World bought NA.

Amazing, we still have pilots that are furlough, are you offering them a job? NO YOU ARE NOT! What's more amazing, we are hiring your over paid 90 year old flight attendants at their World pay rates. Have you interviewed one of our furlough pilots? NO! As for the combined seniority list, I remember that conversation; Dear NAA pilots, since we are both IBT, we will staple you to the bottom of the list and not offer you anything. That's sounds like a great deal for you. Without us World would be out of business, not my words but CM words in at a town hall meeting in Leipzig. As for IBT, your boy DB, signed 3 MOUs before he walked out the door, just because he was pissed that we went to ALPA. Why don't you question IBT about that issue? Ask HR why none of the NAA furlough pilots are being interviewed? After that, come up with a better integration of the seniority list than us being stapled to the bottom. As for your new hires, they should not be on the property before an NAA pilot!

All I can tell you is what we were told as I was not at any of the meetings about integration and unless you were then you are having to take someone else's word for it as well. The large majority of pilots at WOA wanted to integrate with a fair solution not a staple as you say. In fact many here have been victims of a staple and would not have voted for it. And if you're going to believe we would be out of business without you then you really have no idea what our books were like when WE bought NA. Quick drinking the kool aid being offered by CM or anyone else for that matter. Classic turn one group against the other. WOA had over 50 Mil in the bank when they bought NA and we did not need NA except for their incompetency at getting 767's on the ramp. As for DB I am not sure who you are referring to maybe DT but do not know DB. There are many here who regularly ask about integration and again it gets no traction as to why I am not sure we have been given a full explanation and most are not happy about it either. Did you hire any of WOA pilots that were on furlough in the last two years when NA was hiring? Have any NAA pilots applied in this open window and been turned down? I have no idea what deal has been made for the FA's but I am glad NA is hiring them.

When I get the chance to be God for a day I will be sure to offer a job to any NAA pilot that is on furlough but until then upper management will have to work those type arrangements out because as a Line Captain I am seldom asked for my opinion on such matters.

Lastly I am not going to turn this thread into a urinary olympics about NA and WOA. Since all of these things like integration and making sure everyone has a job is out of my pay grade and it just seems stupid to engage in such 4th grade behavior. No matter how much either one of us wants it I do not think MP or CM or RB cares what we want. They are playing the books and sliding money off of the table as fast as they can so unless you are at these high level meetings, I doubt any of us on the line know how much is being made or lost by either company.

Good luck out there.......MD

Latest resources

Back