• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

World, ATA , and North American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good luck with that Seth. Do girls really dig the bald look?

Esprit

That's for me to know, and you to find out sometime after I've been there first.

The real question, loverboy, seems to be why are you so fixated on it? This is like the fifth time you've mentioned my preferred hairstyle.

I think you have a fetish.

Yeah right. Much like I "preferred" to have my hair turn grey. What a witty comeback though, implying that I have a thing for bald men. How long did it take to come up with that one?

Esprit

As a NAA guy, I am glad to hear most of the posts are leaning towards a fair and equitable solution. Date of hire would hurt most of our pilot group as a great many of our group is relatively junior. We have a few codgers around though.
A lot of miles must come to pass before we get there.
First, The acquistion has to be approved. The stockholders will probably bite though as it seems they are being offered twice the stock amount value.
Second, Global seems intent on keeping the three seperate airlines seperate.

I for one would support a merger of the lists, even with a DOH integration, we need to stick together, otherwise all three will played against each other.
I just want the good out of each companies contract(ours is currently a guideline in the fourth year of negotiation).

P3flteng

North American will be the first to get whipscrewed.......

We have a computer guy, pretty d@mn smart one, that's trying to put together an independent, unsensored forum, unlike this one, so that ATA, WA and NA pilots can communicate. We need furloughed ATA pilots working for NA or World to forward a seniority list so that it can be made private. Then we can all cuss each other out, but at least get an inkling (sp?) of what the other parties are thinking.

Why would NAA be the first to get whipped? Just curious a good buddy of mine is there. He just started about three months ago.

Why would NAA be the first to get whipped? Just curious a good buddy of mine is there. He just started about three months ago.

They are Teamsters, but as I understand it, there is no contract after 4 years. Managment will really mess with you if you can ever get released from mediation for self-help.

We have been told by our negotiators here at NAA that the mediator has said these (April 20-24rd-approx) are our last talks. We think we can get a contract in this session. But we will see, we have authorized a strike and have a strike committee set up.
So pay attention if you start doing a lot of extra Military flying at the end of May if we don't get a contract and strike.
If you are interested, I am coming up on 3 years at NAA and am less than 10 numbers out on upgrade.
I am not sure how happy our management would be to hire furloughed ATA guys. We just had 3 leave (with less than a year on the property) to go back to ATA.
Best of luck to all. I hope we can all help protect each other.
Coastinout

In my opinion NAA management does not believe we will be released from the mediator, and / or we will actually be able to strike without Presidential interference.

Watch for some extra flying being added to World and maybe even ATA if and when we get released. I would hope our brothers and sisters at these other companies will respect our strike and not allow the company to whipsaw us by picking up our struck flying.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back