• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

World, ATA , and North American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder how this may effect our code share with ATA in the long run?

I think it odd timing that shortly after GK mentioned looking at more cargo and international code share our code share partner gets bought.

We live in interesting times.

I wonder how this may effect our code share with ATA in the long run?

I think it odd timing that shortly after GK mentioned looking at more cargo and international code share our code share partner gets bought.

We live in interesting times.

Let's be clear. Your codeshare partner is names as ATA Airlines and in various places ATA Holdings, the parent company of ATA Airlines, Inc. ATA Holdings changed its name to Global Aero Logistics (GAL) and bought World Air Holdings, parent company of NAA and World Airways. GAL intends to operate the three carriers as separate entities. :eek: Can you say whipsaw?

At any rate, SWA passengers should only see NAA airplanes if they are sub-serviced by SWA or ATA, unless SWA and GAL change the language in the contract. We have been told by our CEO that ATA will do the HI, Canada, and Mexico/Caribean flying for SWA when they decide to start it up. Europe and S. America is not in the contract as I understand it. With the DC10's coming on line this summer, and the majority of them by the end of the year, this frees up the B737's and the B757's for non-military flying. Also, we're hearing we're going to keep flying the L10's for a while longer. They are newer than the DC10's

NAA and WOA are Teamsters. NAA has no contract, yet. Most or the smart people want single carrier statuts. Teamsters is spreading fear among World/NA that they will get screwed should the three be merged. The smart people at ATA want one list under our contract, DOH, with fences. All three carriers share the DOD as a major part of revenue. ATA now has a B757, L1011 and soon a DC10 base in JFK, with projected international non military flying out of there.

"Interesting times" are a long way from being over.

GAL intends to operate the three carriers as separate entities.
Do you really believe this? I don't, the writing is on the wall and word around WOA is NAA and ATA will merge. ATA will have more 757s for scheduled service and 767s for military or scheduled service. Would ATA use the 76 on a scheduled run?
...DC10's coming on line this summer, and the majority of them by the end of the year, this frees up the B737's and the B757's for non-military flying.
Its my understanding that AMC will not allow an airline to operate a "new" type until it has been proven for two years. The DC-10s won't be allowed to replace the 757, which may explain why the L10s will be hanging around.
I'm curious how ATA will get the two years experience in order to operate the 10s for AMC. I doubt a codeshare partner would want their PAX on a DC-10, but you never know.

It's not 2 yrs....and the DC-10 will be doing sched stuff from NYC to the Balkins this summer to build the required time for MIL service. ATA also had DC-10's at one time.

I had heard it was 1 year only for AMC. I have also heard this can be waived by AMC so I do not think it will have any affect, if AMC needs the lift they will allow ATA to use the DC-10's. Now the question will be can ATA get trained crews out there quick enough if that happens. Also ATA operated DC-10's many years ago and they were 40's if I have the story straight. None the less ATA has the required talent to pull from. It is all out of the line dogs hands.

Latest resources

Back