World, ATA , and North American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just to add to the thread.

On the private ATA pilot board the only seniority integration discussions have been about doing the right thing and being an example that other airlines should follow. I know that this isn't a merger, yet, but the ATA pilots continue to impress me as stand up ladies and gentlemen.

The word "staple" or mine is bigger than yours has not been brought up once.

Unity, fairness and doing the right thing is so little heard in our industry. There might just be hope after all.

Look here Mr. Atafan, you'll never be allowed as a member of the APA using that kind of language!

The only screwing that's going to go on at this property is between me and some junior flight attendants.

Do we even have any junior FA's anymore?

As far as a merger, DOH, fences around bases/aircraft would be the right thing.

Everyone gets screwed equally!

If we stick together, we CAN make this work well for everyone involved.

RV

FlynLow,

There seems to be a rather large hole in that language. It talks about the Company (ATA) in section B2. ATA holdings seems to be buying World/NAA not ATA (which appears to be a subsiduary of ATA holdings), so B2 does not seem to apply.

Additionally the successorship language would not apply if ATA holdings and ATA remain as they are and World/NAA are added as a seperate subsiduary of ATA holdings.

At least that is how I read what you posted and I am no lawyer (I am happy to say!!).

There are always large holes in contracts and ours is no different. There are ways that pilot groups who are unified and dedicated enough can fill the holes. Hopefully our combined group(s) of pilots can be one of those.

As stated above the ATA pilots for the most part are willing to do what's right even if it hurts. Believe me, we have gone through this already within our own Pilot/FE seniority list. It hasn't always been pretty but it has been done.

The worst thing for all of our pilot groups would be to have three different pilot groups, with three different contracts, being whipsawed for the same flying.

If it hurts everyone a little it's about right. We should and could be a great example for the rest of the industry.

Huh-huh.....Sounds just like "2 great companies,1 great future" Anyone remember how that one went?

PHXFLYR:cool:

Management is all besides themselves saying that this is a great thing for the company and the employees.

I see this as potentially a great thing but considering the actors in this play we, the employees, will probably get a spanking. Transferring assets, "Right Sizing" each airline and the eventual whipsawing of the pilot groups with the sell off of assets. This is more in line with the way M.P works.

I don't know if the pilots can do anything but we need to at least attempt to stick together and be unified. I know that the industry's history doesn't show much of this but if we don't we might as well just throw in the towel right now.

Latest resources

Back