World Airways Interview & Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
MD11Drvr said:
I am not sure what happened with your friend and I wish him good luck but based on what you have relayed here there is more to the story and maybe out of embarrassment or something else he just has not said all.....

Great replies...and this does sound very fishy. Only two people know the entire story....But bottom line is it just sucks.

Baja.

Ya , Its a real old school place in some ways and I'm sure they are not the only employers around that are still like that. Having been involved in similar situations where people are let go I feel for your friend.But please understand that most people will end up on two feet looking good but for now as you said:" it sucks".

You're correct Trap - he starts class on the 16th for the 747. I'm glad World's actions didn't smash his career.

Baja.

Baja,

Hopefully your friend is not headed for the 747s at KA. They are known for questionably letting crewmembers go on probationary checkrides.

AV8N4Fun

Things always seem to work out for the best

I don't know about your friends case, and every so often in life people get a raw deal.
But I do know a little about int'l widebody nonsched, and am on the fence about train to proficiency. I think domestically it's fine, you fly to same airports with good atc, and everbody speaks english, ok maybe going into LAX on the civet you hear ATC asking Mexicanna what are they doing?, during rush hour. My point is when you fly all over the world, with bad to dangerously incompetent ATC, to airports you have never been to, on the back side of the clock, with a sleep schedule that is two continents behind, with terrain or weather, everyone needs to be a contributing crewmember. You never really appreciate how good the US controllers are, and how easy domestic flying is, until you see what is out there in the rest of the world, where you have to anticipate and be able to correct the mistakes of a non english barely comprehendable controller in foriegn airspace, and forget about them planning your descent in a heavy, you will have nights and days where the flights seem like nightmare checkrides. So I have some understanding for checkairmen who hold a high standard, especially when they regularly fly the line and are well liked by the rest of the pilot group. It's tough to be a hard assss and a decent human at the same time. This was only meant to say there are always two sides two a story and somewhere in the middle of them is the truth.

I don't know about your friends case, and every so often in life people get a raw deal.
But I do know a little about int'l widebody nonsched, and am on the fence about train to proficiency. I think domestically it's fine, you fly to same airports with good atc, and everbody speaks english, ok maybe going into LAX on the civet you hear ATC asking Mexicanna what are they doing?, during rush hour. My point is when you fly all over the world, with bad to dangerously incompetent ATC, to airports you have never been to, on the back side of the clock, with a sleep schedule that is two continents behind, with terrain or weather, everyone needs to be a contributing crewmember. You never really appreciate how good the US controllers are, and how easy domestic flying is, until you see what is out there in the rest of the world, where you have to anticipate and be able to correct the mistakes of a non english barely comprehendable controller in foriegn airspace, and forget about them planning your descent in a heavy, you will have nights and days where the flights seem like nightmare checkrides. So I have some understanding for checkairmen who hold a high standard, especially when they regularly fly the line and are well liked by the rest of the pilot group. It's tough to be a hard assss and a decent human at the same time. This was only meant to say there are always two sides two a story and somewhere in the middle of them is the truth.

Well said. International Heavy flying is not for everyone. "What did he say, turn what?, Please repeat, please repeat........"

I agree b19 - but what do you say about how NWA, UAL, CAL all operate internationally and they train to proffeciency? All I'm saying about my friend is that it sounded like he got a raw deal when I talked to him. It's hard to believe that any company would toss an employee with a good attitude and good flying skills instead of giving a few hours of additional instruction.

Baja.

Latest resources

Back