• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GooseHZ

getting in the way
Burn,

im a Cpt at FLOPS, i know lots of your fellow pilots at Nets and i think you guys have a strong company. But i have to ask...do you really think there is a unending amount of money in aviation? WB is a very smart man...he will not lose money forever. Now im not trying to start a war so dont flame me. Alos outspending is not always the smart thing to do....look at the USSR it didnt work for them....I hope for all of us guys/gals that FLOPS,NETS, FLEX all stay strong and grow like mad so we can keep doing what we love to do.....Burn JetA.

Fly safe

Goose

From reading many posts, these guys do really seem to believe the money goes on forever!! Yeah, I can see WB signing off on a 100% pay raise - YEAH. Oh , but that STRIKE may just pursuade him, right?

My observation...Pilots are a funny group, they seem feircely proud of thier employer and love to bash the competition (even if BOTH thier jobs suck) Pilots never think THEIR employer will be the one to fold, but they do....then they go scattering around wildly to the next job and start the process all over again - and blame greedy, abusive management for the whole mess.

Just remember, we are all in the same business --- and neither you (or your competitor) is ever more than ONE DAY away from a pinkslip!
:eek:

A word on the economy

According to the IMF the world economy led by a strong U.S. rebound, should show solid growth rates this year and next after experiencing the most severe slowdown in a decade, this was said this past Thursday.

They citied rising oil prices and increased Middle East tensions as the main stumbling block.
“The IMF offered an even more optimistic projection for 2003, a 4 percent growth rate. That would be a significant improvement from the 2.5 percent actual output growth in 2001, the weakest performance since the last global slowdown in 1991”.
“The U.S. recovery accounted for much of the upward revision. The American economy had fallen into its first recession in a decade in March 2001 and was further buffeted by the Sept. 11 attacks”.
“The IMF now predicted U.S. growth this year of 2.3 percent, 1.6 percentage point above the December estimate. For 2004, the IMF forecast 3.4 percent growth”.
The forecast was prepared for the annual spring meetings of the IMF and its sister agency, the World Bank, which were to get under way Friday.

Personally I think a lot of the tension is based on the uncertainty of the Middle East, once we go in and win, which we will, the economy will begin to grow again in most all sectors.
Travel is down due to the increased terror threat, plus the airlines were running one step in front of financial disaster before 9/11 anyway.
Things will turn around, growth will begin again and markets will pickup once this looming war is behind us.
Think positive and just stay focused,

GIV
:)

SO....

basically you are saying even though you knew the pay sucks - you took the job because "the contract" was in negotiation.
I guess you convinced yourself.

HEY, trust me, read my posts - I dont claim to know anything about Execjet, Netjets (whatever) all I know is what I read here. I dont really care about your operation, I would NEVER take a job there - ever- you work too hard and I could not live on your salary.

All is was advising people is to get your salary coming in the door, or forever hold your peace!....this idea that WB will give in to your 100% pay raises or our "STRIKE" is just plain laughable.

HEY, I truly hope you guys get a 200% raise, you deserve it, you work very hard from what I have seen. I think you will find that the industry (pilots) are behind your desires but really dont have much sympathy for you.....you took the job, not me.

Many view your pilot group as holding down industry pay. Who is to blame?? I know.....management.......

Best of luck to you, hope it works out!

Did someone strike a nerve?

It's all fine a dandy to bad mouth Options or Flexjet. Yet when someone calls you guys at NJA on your contract and "big raises" you are supposed to be getting. You guys get all defensive. Like it was said in another post. You would be better off worrying about your own company instead of someone else's.

Look at what the NJI guys are starting at. Ask yourself if we didn't have the IBT with us could we get the same treatment and pay?

Originally posted by Gulfstream 200 slacker

I dont claim to know anything about Netjets ...I dont really care about your operation

Then why do you read and post on the fractional side of this board?

Many view your pilot group as holding down industry pay.

Are you in denial? 100,000 pro pilots in the country, 2000 work at NetJets. 2000 of us are pulling the other 198,000 down? If it helps you to rationalize, knock yourself out. Yourself and many other pilots on this venue brag about YOUR wonderful pay so obviously it's not dragging YOU guys down now is it?

You don't think the 50,000 charter pilots flying Citations etc for 15K-25K has an effect, right?

WHOA...
cant even read all the rambling.

Bottom line ---

YOU agreed to work for sub-standard wages - NOT ME. All the rambling and bullshiit "contract" talk you can yap about cant stop the fact YOU signed on for poverty wages. If all of YOU didn't take these shiit jobs YOU would not be in this bind right now. Take personal responsibility for YOUR problems. It aint managements fault, they get paid just fine.

Live with it, go on strike, tell the owners to pay up for your superior service (?) , call the frakin' president....whatever you think it takes!!.......I hope you strike!!! heck....I hope it works! The rest of the industry is behind you, dont doubt it.

We would all love to see EJA stop bringing down the industry pay.

Again, we are all in the same game -- now bring your end up to par. We will all be better off!!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

Dep676 said:
Did someone strike a nerve? ... You guys get all defensive.
Boy! Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
One person resonding doesn't exactly constitute striking a nerve. What's really funny, is all the non-NJA people that think they will get a raise because we do. That's about as ignorant of an assumption as you can make.

You would be better off worrying about your own company instead of someone else's.

Ironic message don't you think. Maybe you should take your own advise.

Gulfstream 200 said:
YOU agreed to work for sub-standard wages - NOT ME.

So why is it you care? I don't recall any of US bringing up any contract. You did. You're right, we signed on here, you didn't. Again, so why is it we are having this discussion?

We seem to be living with it just fine. Why is there a problem? If your grass is greener, why are you spending so much time looking in our pasture? Hmmm?

HOLY COW!!!

I know that I’m a bit isolated from the frac side of the house but man!!! I thought you guys/gals (especially the skippers) were making better than 43 grand flying the X coast-to-coast twice daily for 7 straight.

How much OT is factored into that figure or is it the floor?

What are some of the other salaries NJA skippers make, what happened to those guys your all the time reading about who are pulling down 6 figures, or was that just made up for the purpose of the article, ProPilot Mag I believe or it may have been Flying Mag.

Hubie

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back