• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Women Freight Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Central Air has had a couple that I know of. One moved on to Ameriflight, the other to Telesis (Paragon).

There's an EMB-120 FOess flying for Ameriflight I see every night.

When I was in Kansas City, doing my recurrent in December, I saw a blonde haired young lady jump into a Flight Express 210...that wasn't you wildfreightess???

As far as the radio thing goes...on my ATP ride, I had to blush when the female controller at MKC asked where I was from (I have a bit of an accent) - second time that's happened during checkrides.

IIRC, 10 to 12% is about the average for all the large carriers -- and has been for quite some time. It belies the widely held theory that you can sashay into an airline job with 300 hours -- if you're a girl.

Flying freight is good for girls, Foxy. You'll ruin your nails and you can forget the high heels you mentioned elseforum, but you'll never have to put up with any BS about whether or not you're as good as the next pilot -- you either get the job done, or you don't. If you don't, nobody wants you around, whether you're male or female. If you do, you're a freight dog.

But, properly speaking, wouldn't a female freight dog be a ... ?

<never mind>

81horse, I was wondering who was going to be the first to go there. Haha, no comment!

I honestly think freight would be fun, seeing as how I'm not a sit and watch kinda girl and I like a good challenge. I wonder how many people have gone from flying pax to boxes?
I have been told I work very well under pressure. I definitely prefer to get it done and get a little dirty doing it! Fun, fun, fun. ;) I will have to look into some SoCal freight flying....

-FW

NoPax - yep, ya caught me jumping into that 210. Hope I was friendly and waved to you. MKC controllers are the best, aren't they?

We have 3 freight kitty's at Ameristar 2cpt's and 1 fo. They do the job just as good as the guys and are just as much fun out on the road!!

I think there were about 6 or so at AMF when I dispatched there....a few left for SWA, a few stayed, some went on to fly the Lear.

Latest resources

Back