• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Woman Dies on AA. Ouch!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was flying a transcon flight. Prior to departure, this female pax came into the cockpit to talk to us. She was telling us that she has asthma, and thought we should know about it. She told us were her meds were, and also told us that she was a paramedic.

About an hour into the flight, the FAs called up saying that this pax was having a bad asthma attack. We got medlink on the radio, and had a doctor in the back. Talking to Medlink, the company dispatcher listening in, and talking to the FAs in the back. The medlink doc and the doc onboard, where saying we needed to land. With dispatch listening in, they sent an ACARS message to divert to DTW. They had notified our DTW ops that we were diverting inbound.

Now my case was different, as it didnt end in death, but you can get an idea of whats going on up there.

But that's what CNN said! Are you saying CNN would lie?

You certainly believed their initial story. Why are you backtracking now with your pathetic attempt at sarcasm?

Answer my questions:

• Do you really believe American Airlines didn't have O2 on that flight?
  • Are you an airline pilot?

Last edited:
You certainly believed their initial story. Why are you backtracking now with your pathetic attempt at sarcasm?

Answer my questions:

• Do you really believe American Airlines didn't have O2 on that flight?
  • Are you an airline pilot?

I bet the FA stuff was true though. Once again, airlining blows.

If you care to admit, I will be telling everyone I know who asks me about this story that Airline (Wino) would do the same thing, and I'd never fly on them.
406, do some reading, what Wino says is soooo true, by the way, to administer oxygen requires some type of medical certification, it is considered a drug, sounds like AA was following SOP's?

And MD can call the time of death. The MD on board that makes this declaration doesn't give a $hit how far the deceased is away from the "jet bridge". It's been 'declared' and the time is noted.

1. You cant be giving oxygen to every retard who says they need it. If you did, people who are hyperventilating would be getting oxygen...even though hyperventilating is a contraindication for oxygen administration.

2. High flow Oxygen doesnt fix people. It MAY prolong or increase vital signs, but it wont fix anything.

3. AED's wont shock a heart unless its in a specific rythym. Flatline is not one of them. So true, "it didnt work"...but then again it might not have been designed to.

4. Not a captain, but how do you determine the validity of a MD's credentials? There have been lawsuits against EMS, and doctors who assisted at a crash scene and claimed to be a "Doctor" but were merely a Chiropractor or Dentist etc. Without foolproof identification, you cant take their word or the onus is now on you for not doing due diligence.

Horrible reporting, but typical.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back