• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Woman Dies on AA. Ouch!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Someone dies on my flight..I"m landing..if my captian doesn't agree..screw it I'll call an emgerancy, besides like you said no one dies on a flight they are seriously ill...Well seriously ill is an emgergency... hmmm...lets fly a seriously ill person for several more hours....outrageous! It also shows no morals for the airline or crew.

Who do I work for?

I have 7 Uniforms in my closet, Licenses from the USA and UK and have been a captain overseas and here since 1997.

I didn't ask you how long your schwantz is, I asked you who you fly for presently.

At least place the deceased in the aft galley.

Once Medlink is involved they take all the responsibility and liability for further actions.

Correct, and dispatch is on the line at the same time. Disobey at your own peril.

Yes you are the captain, you could divert the flight anyway, and quite possibly lose your license or be arrested when you land...There really are serious things you are swearing to when you sign a gendec.

I'm not gonna argue with anymore flight instructors or wannabe's about it. There is a very good reason that international flying usually carries a pay override.

Cheers
Wino

PS and one final tidbit for you domestic flight instructor types... Your emergency authority when you declare a mayday or emergency. That covers you for FAR's it does not cover you for TSA, Immigration Customs etc... Your just as convicted if you declare an emergency or don't...

Last edited:
Someone dies on my flight..I"m landing..if my captian doesn't agree..screw it I'll call an emgerancy

Let us know how that works out for you. Such big talk on an anonymous bulletin board.

Very little humility, honesty or credibility. (You might get further with your outlandish opinion if the grammar and spelling weren't that of a ninth-grader.)

I do apologize if English is a second language for you. Is it?

I didn't ask you how long your schwantz is, I asked you who you fly for presently.

At least place the deceased in the aft galley.
More genetalia talk from jerk406, what else is new?
Hey perv, shouldn't you be stalking the malls looking for your next young man?

They assume liablilty for the airline's negligence when the O2 bottles are empty?

Try again.

So much knowledge from someone not even in the airline biz.....Well, even lav rats are considered in aviation!
Keep up the good work jerk, we're all counting on ya!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You can't be serious. That is completely unacceptable. A dead person in the aisle? Is that how you'd want one of your family members treated, with no diversion?

If I was a pax, I'd sue for emotional distress.

If someone on a international flight "appears" to die, we are continuing on to the destination. Here's why:

• There is no valid medical reason to divert.
  • There is no valid respect-for-the-family reason to inconvenience hundreds of people with lengthy delays and missed connections.
  • There are valid DHS reasons to press on to the destination.
  • There are valid legal reasons to press on. (Fines, quarantine.)
  • There are valid operational reasons to press on. (Overweight landing)
  • There are valid economic reason to continue, AMR is not a charity or an air-ambulance service.
I should be a little less callous with you, but since you're not going to like my response anyway, I'm going to ask:

Are you for real? Are you gullible enough to believe some emotionally distraught family member from Haiti that a US Flag carrier doesn't have any operable medical O2 on board?

Here's how her logic works: "My sister just needed to breathe! They gave her oxygen, but since she died, obviously the bottles were empty!" Irresponsible journalist writes dumb story crucifying AMR and you buy it hook line and sinker.

The only thing dumber is how much of my time I just wasted typing this response.

You'd sue them? Wow!!

PS- Are you an airline pilot? I'm guessing no.

They assume liablilty for the airline's negligence when the O2 bottles are empty?

Try again.

Pssst. Here's a little secret: the bottles weren't empty.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back