• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WN to ground 190 flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just freeing up airplanes to open new cities.

I heard Southwest was going to add 190 flights a day at LBB. That would be FRICKEN FANTASTIC for those folks.

Bye Bye--General Lee

the thread has (not surprisingly) become a (insert non-SWA airline) is better than SWA thread.

Lets get back on track, and realize that if SWA is cutting 6% of its flights, then maybe the rest of the industry might need to sit up and take notice.

On the furloughs, I know a guy personally, who got hired at DAL in 2000-ish (maybe it was 99) who looked me straight in the eye and said that he would "never" be furloughed, "ever" because that "won't" happen at Delta.

Oh well...don't whistle Dixie walking past the graveyard

I guess you SWA-loathers with your midget sized mental capacity haven't figured it out, we are dropping 196 crappy short haul flights, adding 6 hi demand flights, and rejiggering all the rest to go for RASM.

In other words, more long haul, less short haul, fewer flights, same or more hours flown, higher RASM resulting in the same or higher pilot force requirements.

Last edited:
Lets please leave the stuffed animals out of this!

We have to draw the line someplace!!!:D

I want everyone to now refer to Tanker Clown as Tanker Tool. I think that speaks for itself. Talked to Miss Lang myself today. Interviewing to continue for the rest of the year. We don't hire to fire. Bad mojo. Can you say Denver for a new domicile?

Now, Southwest will cut 196 flights while adding only six new ones in its schedule that takes effect Jan. 11.
That is nearly 6 percent of the airline's daily schedule of close to 3,400 flights.
that new planes will be added while older aircraft

196 flights down....3204 to go!! I don't think my mood has been so elevated in nearly 7 years!

Tejas Jet,

I’ve been living in Dallas for two decades so I’m very familiar with what’s happening over at LUV and SWAPA.

The problem is LUV became too much of a political powerhouse to overcome (especially in Texas). You had both Hutchison and Cornyn in your back pocket.

We tried to stop you guys from screwing the rest of us, but unfortunately for the rest of us, APA was unsuccessful.

The problem with the action, or in some cases inaction, for Age 65 you all took was the adverse effect it has on the rest of the industry. It was completely short sighted and arrogant on SWAPA’s part. We are only now starting to pay the price.

All I can say to all the guys losing their jobs and moving backwards across our profession – is we tried and keep the faith.

AA767AV8TOR

You really should leave Texas every once and a while to get a look at the big picture. SWAPA was one of many players in the age 65 thing, to many to list really. Guys like you are making me rethink my retirement plans, I may just stay to piss people like you off.

the cut backs will also help with the RNP training transition. Or we are all doomed. Better sell my 350k townhouse that captain greedy says I can't afford.

Latest resources

Back