• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WN to ground 190 flights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just tired of greedy captains telling FOs how to live.

You can live however you want. I just don't buy into to the "I can't live in any house that costs below 400K." Nonsense.

It's not just FO's but a lot more Capts are living way beyond what they should be doing. Guys building million dollar homes down in FL to retire on and having to fly 130 trips a month to do it. Of course he has no plan on how to live past 65 because most of his money is stuck in some stupid house. This guy has at best 500K in money saved. That ain't going last him too long with his lifestyle. I got so many stories it is ridiculous.

Guys sending three kids to college at private universites, then they tell me that little Johnie is coming back to live at home after he graduates. Two years later Little Johhnie is still living at home but guess what, he wants to be a pilot now and dad is going to pay for the lessons. Unbelievable stupid, totally stupid.

I agree with Tejas-jet in that we have to wait and see. Maybe we're cutting the lines because we're going full steam RNP, guys are going to be in training and we're worried about the economy. Who really knows.

Last edited:
And here's one of those southwest skirts now!:laugh: Don't forget to vote yes on the furlough of the junior guys so you don't have to take the average flight hours down.

Hey, that's a great idea! Thanks for the tip.

SWA is still planning on atleast 2 new hire classes per month this year and around 450 new hire pilots next year.

We cut back every year during the slower winter months, but we usually don't continue to hire while we do it.

This year is different, someone (legacy) is going down. We are simply freeing up the forces for the full scale attack that will happen in the next 12-24 months.

It sucks for the guys on the recieving end, but it is just business. Don't hate us simple pilots for being furtunate and getting hired at SWA.

I guess they're due then. I think some of the other folks hit the nail on the head. Are the old senior dudes going to give up trips so a new hire can stay on property? Probably not. They didn't care about those guys when they pushed for 65. Do you think when they start talking furloughs coming up here that the 60+ crowd will volunteer to retire? HA HA HA HA HA.

actually they did post 9/11.

Well, it took a few years, but like the rest of us, the economy and gas prices are finally catching up to you all. The chickens are finally come home to roost. Did you really think your growth could last forever??

How’s your decision on Age 65 looking now? Maybe you all can finally understand how Age 65 screwed the rest of us.

AA767AV8TOR

You Sir, have become a real aa pilot...whine and blame everyone else. Too bad for a TWA pilot to have morphed so quickly

Latest resources

Back