• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

WN Pilots sign petition for SWAPA to lower dues

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
>>Clearly we have too much $$$$ to spend when Carl could afford to hire a CPA (good idea) to take the treas position ....<<<

A $75,000/yr CPA is a lot cheaper and knows more about handling multi-millions of dollars than a $200,000 pilot holding the treas position. I'd much rather have a professional CPA running it than an airline pilot, plus it saves money -- maybe in more ways than one.

why would you NOT want to fund harry reid's re-election? Because if you guys go nuts and don't get behind politicians who support unions and a middle class- we'll see another round of this career going to sh_t. It really is your choice.

Democratic party has had congress for four years and the white house for one. How is the middle class and airline industry? Sh_t comes to mind.

why would you NOT want to fund harry reid's re-election? Because if you guys go nuts and don't get behind politicians who support unions and a middle class- we'll see another round of this career going to sh_t. It really is your choice.

Do Harry and Obama support business? If the economy and the airlines don't make money, all the pro-labor govt in the world won't make a difference....I don't understand how you left wingers expect to negotiate more money and better work rules from business's that are losing money...Very strange....

The career changed when Carter signed the Deregulation Act of 1978....That career is never coming back as the revenue will never support it.

You see this is what happens when inbreeding takes place!
I'm sure you'd like to get behind the politicians like reid.
The good news is that you'd at least be giving it to him!:laugh:

Neither. NJ was the IATA code for Vanguard Airlines.

My impression of Carl is one of a glass tower propagandizing leader perfectly willing to throw WN pilots under the bus when he finds it politically useful (see Jan McCall). His move to cut representation in a ham-handed effort to save money should have been seen by everyone to be just what it was - political gamesmanship. I don't trust the guy and my friends who are at WN don't either.

First of all this shouldn't even be discussed on this forum. If you don't work here and I asume from this post you don't who gives a Damm what you think of Carl or anybody else for that matter. Nunyadambizness.

>>Clearly we have too much $$$$ to spend when Carl could afford to hire a CPA (good idea) to take the treas position ....<<<

A $75,000/yr CPA is a lot cheaper and knows more about handling multi-millions of dollars than a $200,000 pilot holding the treas position. I'd much rather have a professional CPA running it than an airline pilot, plus it saves money -- maybe in more ways than one.

Guess you didn't notice my (good idea) concerning hiring a CPA....????? I just don't think we need 2 VP's

First of all this shouldn't even be discussed on this forum. If you don't work here and I asume from this post you don't who gives a Damm what you think of Carl or anybody else for that matter. Nunyadambizness.

Let's review this.

You signed on to an open aviation forum to castigate someone who legitimately answered a question posed by one of your pilots as to what they thought of your BOD President. Not caring for the answer, you state that it shouldn't be discussed in the first place. I guess you are entitled to your opinion, but no one else is.

If you sincerely think this shouldn't be discussed on Flightinfo, report the post to a Mod and have it reviewed. Unfortunately for you court records are public, so if others want to gain a little perspective on the PHL deice incident, they could look here and see how SWAPA, led by Captain Kuwitzky, kicked a First Officer to the curb in an effort to get rid of someone management decided was a 'bad apple'.

Carl's meddling with the negotiating process leading up to TA2 is why you are saddled with an unexceptional contract and an implementation schedule that might be complete by the time you open Section 6 the next time around. Fortunately for the enlightened members of your association, the next election for President is just around the corner. I suggest that you and your fellow pilots take the election seriously and not let it become a rubber stamp for the next back-slapper in line.

Latest resources

Back