Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Dude

Primer oficial
Some of our guys have signed a petition to lower our dues by 10% (now 1%).

I was wondering what some here thought of that.....if you were in their shoes?

For the record, I think our dues are great considering the rest of the industry and I feel like we are represented well, but that's me and not 6000 other dudes.

You get what you pay for.

Unfortunately, what you paid in the past got you Carl Kuwitsky.

Maybe someone should propose a resolution to raise dues.

I never minded paying ALPA. Well, maybe a little. I don't pay now and wish I had the kind of representation you have. A buddy of mine over there doesn't complain much, so I guess that is a good indicator.

Dues suck. Getting disciplined unfairly sucks more. Getting fired sucks the mostest. Having programs and people that help the line pukes makes it nice though.

Clearly we have too much $$$$ to spend when Carl could afford to hire a CPA (good idea) to take the treas position and then added extra VP position which icost us $200K for a Capt's pay.....we don't need more representation but we do need BETTER representation.....and the side letter the boys signed concerning TA2 (that we should have voted on) it living proof!!! Just my thoughts.....

I am against the dues reduction...WHEN...SWA goes after another company we will wish we had that surplus to deal with the integration of the other pilot group.. Ask the AM West/USAir guys how much that cost them between lawsuits, etc.... saving 1% out of a paycheck is not worth the headache we can have in years to come.

For the record, I think our dues are great considering the rest of the industry and I feel like we are represented well, but that's me and not 6000 other dudes.

Doesn't this belong on the "Pune."

I voted to lower dues.

I would gladly switch my 1.95% for the 1%...What a deal...That's a lot of Nathan's hot dogs!:D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back