• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NJ,

Are you at NJ or WN?

What do you know about Kuwitzky?

Neither. NJ was the IATA code for Vanguard Airlines.

My impression of Carl is one of a glass tower propagandizing leader perfectly willing to throw WN pilots under the bus when he finds it politically useful (see Jan McCall). His move to cut representation in a ham-handed effort to save money should have been seen by everyone to be just what it was - political gamesmanship. I don't trust the guy and my friends who are at WN don't either.

Gary Kelly has been very public about his desire to "take advantage" of strategic opportunities. We all know what that means. We need to have that money in reserve if/when that "strategic opportunity" presents itself.

Knowing that we have that hanging over our heads, it would be very short sighted to vote ourselves a dues reduction at this point in time.

I will not sign the petition, and if this comes to a vote, I will vote "NO"

I am against the dues reduction...WHEN...SWA goes after another company we will wish we had that surplus to deal with the integration of the other pilot group.. Ask the AM West/USAir guys how much that cost them between lawsuits, etc.... saving 1% out of a paycheck is not worth the headache we can have in years to come.

I agree with what you are saying but my vote to reduce is a vote against a MEC I see that is just building a larger, not better, Bureaucracy. If we needed to save more money then we don't need a 2nd VP at 200K each year.

The more they make, the more they'll spend. Especially Carls travel budget.

Any BOD will tell you that the Big Bad Wolf is out there. They want your money. First the Big Bad Wolf fund was a million, then a couple million, then five million. What's next 10, 15, 100 million? For every $200 we get assesed later will equal $1,000,000. When the big bad wolf comes, you can have my money. If this were ALPO: bag sticker = "No Wolf, No Money"

What exactly does SWAPA do with all of their money? I once heard Carl say that they didn't have a single grievance on file. If you're not in contract negotiations, and you aren't having to fight grievances, and the company generally treats everyone pretty good, then I'm a bit curious what SWAPA does with its dues money. Even at just 1%, SWAPA brings in roughly $8 million in revenue each year. For what, exactly? I'm not criticizing, I'm just curious. I could probably burn through more money than that here at AirTran, but we're also dealing with a management team that is as hostile as can be imagined.

Neither. NJ was the IATA code for Vanguard Airlines.

My impression of Carl is one of a glass tower propagandizing leader perfectly willing to throw WN pilots under the bus when he finds it politically useful (see Jan McCall). His move to cut representation in a ham-handed effort to save money should have been seen by everyone to be just what it was - political gamesmanship. I don't trust the guy and my friends who are at WN don't either.

Well that about sums it up!

I can honestly think of ZERO times when Carl made a public stand for the representation of "his" pilots. He is paving his road to DC with our dues.

Gup

Joesephina,

This is the Major's board. Shouldn't you be on the regionals board? Please do us all a favor and convince your peers to drop ALPA. Please form your own union because I am tired of my 1.95%(which btw is way more than any asa pilot) covering you leeches. Put your money where your mouth is and leave.

I would gladly switch my 1.95% for the 1%...What a deal...That's a lot of Nathan's hot dogs!:D

Joesephina,

This is the Major's board. Shouldn't you be on the regionals board? Please do us all a favor and convince your peers to drop ALPA. Please form your own union because I am tired of my 1.95%(which btw is way more than any asa pilot) covering you leeches. Put your money where your mouth is and leave.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

We're not going to drop ALPA...We're just going to stay and raise he!!...I don't want to leave anymore...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I see both sides. I don't particularly like paying dues, in fact I don't particularly like unions, but having worked for a non-union airline in the past I see them as a necessary evil. Personally, I think Carl sees our pilot group the way Al Gore sees climate change: he doesn't give a sh!t in the wind either way, but he's sure going to figure out how to profit from it. Having said that, Gary does seem to be a bit merger happy, and if that happens I don't want an underfunded union fighting for my seniority. Tough call.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back