• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"With you"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So standard phraseology is too much work or just isn't "cool" anymore. Then what's next?
"Dude this captain I was flying with actually wanted me to land with the gear DOWN! Jesus, how old school can you get?"

I'm just checking in to say congratulations on making it to nine pages. Any chance others want to make it ten? If so, I'm with you.

I'm just checking in to say congratulations on making it to nine pages. Any chance others want to make it ten? If so, I'm with you.

Count me in....

I try to be as standard as the next guy, but sometimes you trip over your own tounge and things that are just personal habbit or are personally easier to say come out. No biggie, and surely not something to get ones thong in a twist about.

What this thread boils down to, and the reason it has reached 8 pages, is that it illuminates the tension in the cockpit between those pilots who strive to be the best pilots they can be, and the wanna-be pilots who do just the bare minimum to get and keep their jobs.

If you're reading this, you need to ask yourself what kind of pilot you would want on the flight you're deadheading on? What if your wife/mother/kids were on the flight? Especially if something went wrong? Would you rather have Mach80, who is anal about every detail, or HelloNewman, who doesn't give a crap about anything but making it to the drunkfest on the overnight?

First Officers, you need to ask yourself what kind of pilot you are, and what kind of captain you want to be.

And the "Takes himeself too seriously" Award goes to..........

I'm laughing at you. Right at you. If you were here I'd point at you while I did it.

What this thread boils down to, and the reason it has reached 8 pages, is that it illuminates the tension in the cockpit between those pilots who strive to be the best pilots they can be, and the wanna-be pilots who do just the bare minimum to get and keep their jobs.

If you're reading this, you need to ask yourself what kind of pilot you would want on the flight you're deadheading on? What if your wife/mother/kids were on the flight? Especially if something went wrong? Would you rather have Mach80, who is anal about every detail, or HelloNewman, who doesn't give a crap about anything but making it to the drunkfest on the overnight?

First Officers, you need to ask yourself what kind of pilot you are, and what kind of captain you want to be.

HelloNewman, for sure, he flies for UPS!

This is the dumbest thread I have heard in quite a while. GET A LIFE. YOU ARE NOT AS COOL AS YOU THINK YOU ARE!!! No. TRUST ME.

Almost there. I hear that Gulfstream Airlines pilots have better radio skillz than other regionals, because they routinely fly international routes.

And by the way....it's flight level "one eight ZERO" ...not "oh". Try "oh" in the rest of the world and you'll sometimes get your ass handed to you.

There is no use trying to talk to this pric$! I spent several years as a check airman at my last company! I saw a lot of guys training for their captain ride! It was always the weakest pilots that were so concerned with this petty crap! He will argue all day long and when he runs out of anything else to say, he will start on your spelling! What is sad is that these guys think people like them when in reality they are hated by just about everyone they come in contact with! Mach.80 grow up and act like the pro you claim to be! If using the words "with you" were such a drain on the system, then they would tell us to quit using it! Pric$!

Latest resources

Back