• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

"With you"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I grew some braincells this week....gave up sniffing glue.

wow pgcfii, you are actually saying something besides...I see this turning into a PFT argument.

I honestly thought you had only 1 braincell on FI:beer:

There is much work to be done, yet. For example, which regional airline has the least professional pilots on the radio? How about a poll?

Does PFT affect how well one talks on the radio?

Who is better on the radio, XJET or SKYW?

jezzzzz, 'with you' or 'checking in' serves a valid purpose to the controller who is "on the land line". It lets them know what type of radio call it is. And in the end, mach 8.0 (although I know you'd never fly that cuz you're to by the book), when I'm having a beer or two, or fifteen, I'm sure I won't be "with you".....

"What blows me away, though, is your slack-ass attitude of mediocrity."

I just want to say this is one of, if not the, greatest lines ever to grace the Regionals board on Flightinfo.com. Bravo, JustaNumber!

Professional pilots sound like student pilots when they use "with you" in their initial transmissions to ATC. Here's a clue -- ATC knows you are "with them" by the fact you are talking to them! It's redundant and a waste of radio time....especially the stupid "checking in with you". Try dropping the "with you" crap and sound a bit more professional and like you've flown in other parts of the world. Next time you hear "with you" consider how stupid it sounds....and is. It's just a bad habit.

Also...drop the "Any chance..." when what you really meant to do is request something. i.e. "Comair 123 requesting direct xyz".

I'd say I'm "with you" on this, but I'm not...;) folks can't help sticking phrases like that into their speech as a part of normal everyday human communication...besides, your way doesn't sound necessarily more "professional" - rather, it sounds like something we'd hear in a movie...and you know how we pilots feel about movies about pilots!

There is much work to be done, yet. For example, which regional airline has the least professional pilots on the radio? How about a poll?

Does PFT affect how well one talks on the radio?

Who is better on the radio, XJET or SKYW?

Oh, no man, don't do this....!:bomb:

Well, I'm sure Mach80 is quite satisfied with his handiwork here. Maybe we can keep this thread going for a year. That way, he won't have to re-post it next June...again.

--Booker, who peeks at "mediocre" and usually dwells in the "piss-poor" regime

What this thread boils down to, and the reason it has reached 8 pages, is that it illuminates the tension in the cockpit between those pilots who strive to be the best pilots they can be, and the wanna-be pilots who do just the bare minimum to get and keep their jobs.

If you're reading this, you need to ask yourself what kind of pilot you would want on the flight you're deadheading on? What if your wife/mother/kids were on the flight? Especially if something went wrong? Would you rather have Mach80, who is anal about every detail, or HelloNewman, who doesn't give a crap about anything but making it to the drunkfest on the overnight?

First Officers, you need to ask yourself what kind of pilot you are, and what kind of captain you want to be.

Latest resources

Back