• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Tally Ho....drive me up the wall...

good buddy doing IOE:

new fo "tally ho traffic, 3 o'clock"

my buddy "you know, the only people who say 'tally ho' are fighter pilots and (english cigarettes) and what did you fly in the airforce?...."

new fo "uh...I was a cfi..."
my buddy "riiiiight..."

Dear Sir,

As a British fox hunter, it drives me crazy when you fighter pilots insist on stealing our "Tally ho!" call. Please cease and desist, post haste!

Sincerely,
Lord Belvedere Sandringham

Dear Sir,

As a Saracen fighter, I deplore the use of our "Tally Ho!" [Tal hum] phrase by
you English fox hunters. Please stop before a jihad is caused.

Sincerely,
Dirka M. Dirka

This proves my point that aviation draws certain distinct personality types. Unfortunately, "D-bag" is one of them.

Professional pilots sound like student pilots when they use "with you" in their initial transmissions to ATC. Here's a clue -- ATC knows you are "with them" by the fact you are talking to them! It's redundant and a waste of radio time....especially the stupid "checking in with you". Try dropping the "with you" crap and sound a bit more professional and like you've flown in other parts of the world. Next time you hear "with you" consider how stupid it sounds....and is. It's just a bad habit.

Also...drop the "Any chance..." when what you really meant to do is request something. i.e. "Comair 123 requesting direct xyz".

Goda says with you!

just got back to this thread after a few days.

This mach80 guy thinks so rigidly, I'd have to question if he's a captain at all. Otherwise, he just doesn't budge or have an ability to see things other than what's pedantic. This tells me he may just be flaming too. Check his profile out... yeah, 22K and 20 years and you've not loosened up or understood what shouldn't have to be explained. Proof of age 60 - you're getting senile pops.

Did your dog die or something?!

All I have to ask is this....

Why does it offend you guys so much when someone shows you the right way to do something? You guys are like a bunch of crying children who were told you have to run ALL the bases to get a point....

Why don't you try the old, tried and true STFU method?

I get so sick of you babying. I guess we should just drop all the structure of aviating and make no standard, that way you can all have your upgrade before you even learn how to be an FO, have your iPod, backpack, boots, queer looking hairstyles, and get to say things like "with you" and sound like an idiot but not care.

Grow up! High school is O-V-E-R!!!!

Every time someone points out something you could do better you start crying. Boo Frickety Hoo! You're no fun to fly with! You hurt my little feelings! Quit picking on me! I can do what I want!

Geez.

Terry, I was just going to quote part of your post, but upon re-reading it, there was nothing I could cut.
I couldn't have said it better myself.

Could he have said it more nicely? Sure. But mach 80 makes valid points that the vast majority of you are missing. The "regionals" section gets more ridiculous every day. Grow up guys. You represent this industry. Have some pride and discipline.

"No Joy".......

Stop saying No Joy.............

Latest resources

Back