"With you"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
http://www.avweb.com/news/sayagain/192912-1.html

That one talks about phraseology, but we have bigger problems to worry about these days. I'd call myself a pretty standard radio operator, but it's funny to me how some people get their panties all riled up about a few words extra.

After a perusal of the correct article, it turns out that I'm a pretty "standard" radio guy as well. The difference is I am "standard" because I just feel like its easier and more efficient. I get the feeling that other people are "standard" because they actually get a thrill out of being sticklers about things. There's a world of difference between a guy like me and a guy like them.

And if someone doesn't keep it exactly how the AIM says it, I'm not going to freak out. Nobody should freak out.

See yaaaa!

P.S. Just for the record, the guys that are the worst with phraseology, IMO, are the mainline airline guys. Everyone else seems to do pretty well.

P.P.S. But it's nothing I'm going to freak about.

Professional pilots sound like student pilots when they use "with you" in their initial transmissions to ATC. Here's a clue -- ATC knows you are "with them" by the fact you are talking to them! It's redundant and a waste of radio time....especially the stupid "checking in with you". Try dropping the "with you" crap and sound a bit more professional and like you've flown in other parts of the world. Next time you hear "with you" consider how stupid it sounds....and is. It's just a bad habit.

Also...drop the "Any chance..." when what you really meant to do is request something. i.e. "Comair 123 requesting direct xyz".

Jag. Have fun going 80 times the speed of sound, "Mach 80".

Tell ya what Mach, and I think I speak for us all. Next time any of us wants to hear something from an a**hole, I'll just fart.

You're just a 'doosh' for deviating from the Pilot/Controller glossary and jeopardizing the safety of yourself, your passengers, and everyone else in the airspace around you.

If you're going to be up in arms about accuracy and such things, you should pick up a dictionary. It's d0uche, not doosh. Glass houses and all that crap!

I can live with "With You", However, PLEASE don't call 16,000 "Flight Level 160" or don't call FL280 "Twenty Eight Thousand"

Hello center.

Just checkin in with you after over a year of thread inactivity.

Isnt resurrection a beautiful thing?

see,
YAAAAAAAAAAAA

Hello center.

Just checkin in with you after over a year of thread inactivity.

Isnt resurrection a beautiful thing?

see,
YAAAAAAAAAAAA

Do a search on "with you"? This guy started a "new" thread back in June that is exactly like this old thread. It gets confusing on which thread is the "new" thread. :D

Latest resources

Back