Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
brianjohn said:
TXCAP4228-
You are right, there is nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone's personal beliefs. Doing it in a way as to poke fun is totally different. Using the term "religious wacko" is certainly poking fun. It's also stereotyping. I'm not saying you did that, but in my opinion this whole mess got started by someone using the term "religious wacko" for no apparant reason.
It's quite alright to disagree with me, but if it's done in an irrational and cynical way, I would get defensive.
You've gotta be kidding me. You're telling me people don't get made fun of on this board :)?? Sure they do, on EVERY subject. Its no big deal for me, I can take it. But if you are affraid of comments in this very public forum then don't make posts that invite them.

Notwithstanding that I'm Blessed may indeed be a "religious wacko" (there are some out there), the idea that people who disagree are somehow wrong to poke fun is absurd.

Anyway, I had to go all the way back to generaltso(sp?) on page 1 to find the SINGLE REFERENCE to "religious wacko" on this whole thread. However, others who are christians have used terms like "christian-bashers" and "nut case religious fanatics"to respond to that single reference.

By the way, I will give I'm blessed credence in the world. However, if I had a screen name like "NOT A CHRISTIAN" or "I'M NOT BLESSED" or "BLESSED? ME? NO THANKS!", you're saying that you would not have the right to respond to me in a way that pokes fun. To say or do anything else would make the respondant that commented on my screen name a hypocrite.... and I PROMISE YOU, tons of people would tell me how wrong and lost I was.

Do a search and you will find (in the last 4 months even) at LEAST 5 threads were people who did not believe were criticized.

I hate to burst your bubble, but the non believers around this board, and for that matter in most of the world, are content to keep their mouths shut, while the believers are happy to go around and witness to anyone at all even if it is unsolicited and undesired.

For some reason, the non believers are expected to tolerate this without comment.... and if they DO have the audacity to make a comment they are called uncivil and disrespectful.

If you took a moment to see this from our point of view you might understand our frustration/exasperation. You might even begin to understand why I take the time to go into 3 pages on this thread defending my point of view and my right to disagree.

Happy flying. ;)

Creflo Dollar replaced his Citation X with a GVSP. Maybe he needs something a little faster & bigger to complete the Lord's work. Jim Bakker has a GIII before getting the one room efficiency apartment courtesy of the Fed.

If you want to read something that will make you shake your head in disbelief, check out one of their devotionals:

http://www.justgodchurch.org/devotionjuly02.htm

Last edited:
The page wouldn't load for me.

Who is the "their" in "their devotionals"?

Side note: so called "televangelists" are not representative of anyone but themselves. I consider those who watched Jim Baker and Tammy Faye as a "cult".

Last edited:
That link was hillarious!

If I didn't know that Creflo Dollar was a real person I'd have thought the devotionals were a parody. And he has a GIV?!!! :eek:

My father, a Southern Baptist Minister (read 'Preacher') says there is a special place in hell for Televangelists. I watch these guys in the mornings sometimes with coffee just for the comedic effect. Bishop Wallace, Benny Hinn (there's a real loon), and that young guy with the long hair. They get pretty whacky sometimes. Often better than an SNL skit. :D

I have often considered going into the Christian ministry. It would make good copy "Former Buddhist Monk comes to Jesus and is led to preach." I've always been a bit of a ham and a cut-up and I'm pretty sure I could fleece the flock with the best of 'em. Just the thought of having my own Citation is enough to consider it. I could start out small with a local public access show. Then move to that crazy Christian channel I get in the mornings, to the early hours of course. But eventually I'd be moving closer to the primetime slots and the BIG event money. The more exposure I'd get, the more suckers ... er I mean contributers I'd draw at the big events. I'd be in a G550 in no time at all. :D

Anyone wanna be a Deacon in my new church? That'll be $99.95 please.

Reverend Bishop Billy Joe Minh Thong Johnson
"Fleecing the Flock ... One Sucker At a Time."

I have never heard of "Creflo Dollar". What a name!

I have seen Benny Hinn pushing on people's foreheads, and they fall backward in a daze.

Folks, this isn't Christianity. The Bible warns very clearly about false prophets. These charlatans stand in evidence of the truth of that warning.

Don't be taken in.

Rev. Dollar comes to his church in a body guard driven Rolls Royce and preaches that if you are rich, people take you more seriously, er' seriously! One good thing has come from his ministry - his big elaborate facility is a great landmark for VFR flying near the 2,500 foot ring of the Atlanta Class B. For those who do the 12 mile loop around to PDK and RYY, you have seen it.

A televangelist relating biblical stories to the supercritical wing of a Citation X is worth the price of admission.

Anyone heard the parable of of the Comair RJ pilot that smote the Delta MEC Goliath - oh nevermind - someone is going to accuse me of more RJDC thread creep...

I have seen Benny Hinn pushing on people's foreheads, and they fall backward in a daze.

I like to think there is a special place in hell for "Hairstyle" Hinn. Have you ever seen Donna Douglas on his show? She's in her 60s but she still dresses up in her 'Ellie May' costume to do Benny's show. It's pretty sad. Funny ... but sad.

TB - I think most people, even those of athiestic bent, fully understand that these people are not operating in accord with true biblical teachings. I try not to bring these clowns into arguments about Christianity, because they are not representative of the religion. They are scam artists ... period. And unfortunately Buddhism, especially in the West, has had it's own share of scandals and scam artists. These idiot do nothing to detract from the message of their respective faiths. They only embarass themselves, and in my opinion they do not reflect on sincere Christians such as yourself or Turbo, or my father, or my 15-year old son. They'll 'get theirs'.

Minh

Snakum said:
I have often considered going into the Christian ministry. It would make good copy "Former Buddhist Monk comes to Jesus and is led to preach." I've always been a bit of a ham and a cut-up and I'm pretty sure I could fleece the flock with the best of 'em. Just the thought of having my own Citation is enough to consider it. I could start out small with a local public access show. Then move to that crazy Christian channel I get in the mornings, to the early hours of course. But eventually I'd be moving closer to the primetime slots and the BIG event money. The more exposure I'd get, the more suckers ... er I mean contributers I'd draw at the big events. I'd be in a G550 in no time at all. :D

Snakum,

I've often thought of the same thing, for the same reason! Doesn't seem fair that these scam artists *own* the planes I just want to fly!

Joyce Myer is another one to add to the list. I watched her one day and the stupid analogy she was trying to make involving hard work somehow worked it's way to her HANGER, which the TV viewing audience was shown. Sitting in the middle of it was her big, beautiful, shiny new jet. Urgh!

Watching these guys is great for folks like me who make a living doing presentations to an adult audience. They are some of the best performers around.

Ever hear?

Whike growing up I always heard "Airlines never let 2 Christians fly together because if the rapture happens, there would be no one to fly the plane!" Anyone else ever hear this? HAHA

For the record I am a Christian and proud to be, but that doesnt mean I feel the need to cram my belief down someones throat sitting next to me. Its amazing how a question of 121 obstacles can turn into a 4 page discussion on religon, but yet almost everyone will make a last desperate prayer to change their ways when they get in over their heads.

Latest resources

Back