• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

With the lord anything is possibe

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let me guess....yeah the timing is about right......

Someone saw the Fox news report last night on "Hooter's Air" with the bright orange jet and the ladies all lined up with the promise of "2 Hooter's girls" on every flight.

Well you've got your Christian schools, your Christian book stores, your Christian coffee houses, etc - you might as well have a Christian airline. That way you can isolate yourself completely from the real world.

Although you guys may have a new economic paradigm. If you put a preacher on every flight, then the aircraft can be a flying church. Then, you can apply for tax exempt status and blow away even the bankrupt airlines for low cost. Since you've got the traveller trapped for two hours at a time, I bet you can convert 10-20% to your new church and get them to contribute. Yeah, this could be a real money making machine. ;-)

Tarp,

Excellent slant on things. Sounds like something Benny Hinn or Jim Bakker would have thought of! Put a couple of teachers on board, call it a school, and when the faith based voucher crap goes through, you can get the government to pay you as well. Government gives you money, government doesn't tax you, I'm beginning to see the light.

We have a PF Chang's as well. The sauce they make table side is the best.

I've been wasting my time praying for a $200K job to land at my doorstep while our Lord has been taking care of the winds and traffic for Adam. If you all could stop praying for the weather for just a day, maybe my line will get in....I land the job...and then you can all go back to having the Lord as your copilot.

Loopy is a good word.

This board does NOT belong to "GOD". Separation of church and Flightinfo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chperplt said:
This board does NOT belong to "GOD". Separation of church and Flightinfo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen to that brother!

PF Changs rocks.

On the startup 121 operation, if you have a NICHE and a MARKET BASE, why not? You could get cheap equipment.

I hear Legend Airline's banks have some cheap DC-9's....

On the other thing... is there a message borad ANYWHERE that this doesn't come up? I'll bet the ancient greeks sat around talking about Zeus.

Well if anything's possible with the lord ... could you ask him to make my ex-wife go away, make my pen!s 2 inches longer, and set all religious nut-cases on fire - regardless of what name they use for 'God'?

Thank you.

Yours in the spirit of the lord ...

Minh

(Apologies to Timebuilder, Turbo, and other sincere but normal Christian pilots on this board who would never title a thread like this guy did.)

You guys have come up with some great ideas. We could have Christian books in the boarding area. Christian boarding music, the Captain could lead the whole airplane in a prayer for our safety. As we do our trans-atlantic crossing the first 2 hours would be a Praise and Prayer time, all the words to the music would be on the video screen. Then we could have a Christian concert from some great Christian artist the the next two hours. Next we could here a message from Bob Coy, Charles Swindall, and a few others. Then it would be time to land. . .this may sound weird to you guys but that would be just a little piece of heaven. But the Lord called us to live in the world and not be a part of us. We are not diffrent from anyone else just sinners(big time) that have admitted that the only way they can have salvation is through the saving grace of the blood that was shed on Calvary. I'll stick with my unsaved friends the dirty jokes, the coarse comments the bars and the drinking because the saved are saved and the unsaved are not. Just when you think that you are doing everything wrong you get a chance to present the gospel and someone is saved and a life changed forever. You guys can run but you can't hide from the saving grace and conviction of the Holy Spirit. BTW I know all the JAARS guys(my Dad worked for them for 30 years) who was the person you guys were talking about. On a more serious note taking all these guys to Kuwait they are very serious as they contemplate their futures. I can tell you right now they aren't seperating Church and State. It was heart wrenching to be present seeing all the little kids say goodbye to their Dads for maybe forever. There is a lot of sacrifice going on for our freedom right now, tough to talk about when you see it. Off on another trip see you guys.

Mark 12: 13-17

"Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's."

I don't think the way one makes a living, as long as it is an honest living, really matters to the Lord. It is a thing of Caesar.

If you want to apply the straight an narrow path....I guess you had better fly the ILS to ATP standards or better!!!

Amen

PS: I don't think I will apply to your airline anytime soon, but if it pays at least six figures.....I will take it to the Lord.

Re: christianity and aviation

adam_jorgensen said:
I prayed that on my solo, there would be no winds, no heavy traffic, no unlucky difficult situations that came up that I didn't really know how to deal with. Well today on my first solo, 0 winds, practically no traffic except for a few planes

Why should God waste precious time on local meteorology, in a world where 4000 babies starve to death each day?
Am I missing something here?

I have flown with quite a few biblethumpers, and frankly they scared me. One even told me how to build a nuke.He loved that stuff.

Just dont confuse the emergency checklist with rhe bible!

Latest resources

Back