With the lord anything is possibe

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

I'm Blessed

I have been in correspondence with the local FSDO in regard to commencing application proceedings for a Pt. 121 operating certificate. I have been plowing through a plethora of information and regulatory material. It seems somewhat overwhelming but as I am well aware, all things are possible. I was just wondering if anyone out there has some experience or insight with this type endeavor and what consulting firm they may have retained. Also any legal council familiar with this type of operation. God continue to Bess You.:)

I'm curious....

Why would you want to pursue a 121 certificate in the current economic environment of aviation?

Seems like there are better places to invest your time and money right now.

True, but the Lord requires you to be a good steward of your money, and I don't see how starting a 121 carrier right now would be anything but foolish.

Maybe this is flame bait.

By the way, General, your avatar is making me hungry. I went to a PF CHANG restaurant in Van nuys, and it's some of the best Chinese food I've ever eaten. MMMM.

Pt. 121 Appl.

On first thought it may not seem like a good time financially speaking to start a 121 carrier but there are reasons beyond finances. I entered the industry because I felt it offered challenge, exciting opportunities, advancement potential and, as you mention, financial reward. After the controller strike of '81, the Gulf war in '91, and the events of '01 things really aren't that inherently different. Airlines will come and airlines will go. I do know that the industry is in dire need of the Renewal of God's Spirit. I cannot pursue such a massive undertaking without His Will being fullfilled, so as long as I am following His path I don't worry about where it leads. I just pray for guidance to be sure thats whose path I am following!

I didn't know about being a good steward. oops. But if this dude would start "GodAir" he could get every religious wacko to fly his airline. He could have a "one way ticket to heaven" deal (must fly Tues, Wed, Thurs, Sat).

About chinese food yes PF CHANG is decent but far too overpriced in my opinion... for the serving size you get. When you get chinese food your suppose to get a lot of it.

god this dude is messed up

Chang's

We have two here. Our office went to lunch at one of them recently. Excellent food, but Tso may have a point about it being overpriced.

I understand, but the good steward requirement is a BIG one.

The Lord expects you to be dilligent in all matters. Faithfullness AND wisdom are watchwords. Remember, business is the area of "Ceasar", and you should render unto Ceasar what is his.

In this case, exercise due dilligence when entering into business decisions. In other words, do all that you can as you seek His guidance. In this case, seek the wisdom of elders, those who have operated this type of carrier. The service Corps of Retired Executives may be a place to start.

Proverbs 31:10-31, although directed at women, gives some insight about how business fits into the Christian life. Wise decisions and long hours are encouraged for success.

To place yourself in financial risk is unwise, so do your homework.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Food:

I agree that PF's was more expensive. I had the Chinese Chicken Salad, and it was a HUGE pile of delicious chicken and vegetables. It was under $10, and it was the best I ever tasted, better than ANY I had eaten in Philly's Chinatown.

Yum.

OHHHHH boy. I loved flying with these guys. They were the ones who would turn to you durring a flight and say,

"so............have you found the Lord yet"

What the He11 do you say to that. Then I'd feel even more guilty for the dirty thoughts I was having about the F/A.

Latest resources

Back