• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

With RTS out, what's in store for us?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What I want to happen is for the new team to come in, eliminate the waste at the top and consolidate duplicate operations before considering anything further with the pilot group. That makes good business sense to me in light of the goals that we as a group have already achieved through our mutual sacrifices.

You and me both. I think we are off to a good start with regards to that.

As bad as this may sound, those at the "very bottom" of our seniority list shouldn't hav been hired in the first place. Many pilots here saw that writing on the wall long before times got REALLY ********************ty. We over-anticipated our growth and we're now on a situation where we have to go back and correct our wrong-doings. We can point fingers at those who allowed that to happen and say that had it not been for those idiots, none of you would be going through these tough times. Maybe you're right but I look at it as a great thi g for you at the bottom.

Had the company done the "right thing" back in 2008, we wouldn't have hired a single pilot. Had we done the "right thing" back then, none of you would have joined the ranks and none of you would now be holding a spot on one o the most desired seniority list. Wher would you b now had you not been hired here in 2008? Who knows. Reality says that only a few of you would have gone somewhere better than NJA. If you're furloughed from here, you'll always have a job to come back to when things get better. Had we not hired you in 2008, can you say the same for when we start to hire again? Over thepast few years, tens of thousands of VERY qualified pilots have lost their jobs and are now looking for something new. Would you want to compete with those guys today? I highly doubt it.

So the bottom line is this... You shouldn't have been hired here in the first place. It was a mistake that was made all through 2008. Be glad that you go the opportunity to work here for as long as you have and be glad that you'll be one of the first people that the company wil call when they need more help.

Possibly the most insulting post I've ever seen on this website...and from someone who's supposed to be a brother.

On the contrary, I was told that I was hired because NJA wanted to hire the best employees in the market, and they finally had the contract to attract the cream of the crop instead of the industry's stepchildren. (I'm paraphrasing, but that was the gist of managements speech)

Sure, I may have been caught up with the $$$$, and the promise of "stop filling out your logbook", but I find it extremely offending that you come on here a tell me I shouldn't have been hired in the first place, and I should consider myself lucky I have a seniority number. By your tone I can almost guarantee that I have put more effort in to this job in the last year than you have in your whole career at NJ...you should consider yourself lucky to call me a colleague!

BTW, If I get furloughed I will leave knowing management did everything they could to prevent it, and that I worked my butt off so I could look my family in the eye and say, "I did everything I could to prevent it." However, it appears your only contribution will be a slap in the face.

Last edited:
I believe he meant that WITH HIND SIGHT you never should have been hired. That would be a true statement. Problem is, with hind sight the jets never would have been ordered and that's the real expense anyway.

Possibly the most insulting post I've ever seen on this website...and from someone who's supposed to be a brother.

On the contrary, I was told that I was hired because NJA wanted to hire the best employees in the market, and they finally had the contract to attract the cream of the crop instead of the industry's stepchildren. (I'm paraphrasing, but that was the gist of managements speech)

Sure, I may have been caught up with the $$$$, and the promise of "stop filling out your logbook", but I find it extremely offending that you come on here a tell me I shouldn't have been hired in the first place, and I should consider myself lucky I have a seniority number. By your tone I can almost guarantee that I have put more effort in to this job in the last year than you have in your whole career at NJ...you should consider yourself lucky to call me a colleague!
Avro,

I can't be sure, but I think I was there the day you interviewed (did I even conduct your interview?) and I got to say that NO ONE anticipated a southbound turn like this. If someone did know (which would be a lie), they surely didn't say anything. We are glad you're here, and I'm still hoping you aren't going to need to update your logbook. I was telling applicants the same thing you posted all last year and I meant it! NetJets is still the industry leader, and best company I can imagine flying for.

So keep you chin up, especially on tour, and take good care of our owners. THAT is the best we can do right now.

It sounds patronizing, but I wish all of you the best. I don't want any of you to lose your jobs, and I hope to see you in the FBO's sometime soon.

Regards, Wacoflyr

Avro,

I can't be sure, but I think I was there the day you interviewed (did I even conduct your interview?) and I got to say that NO ONE anticipated a southbound turn like this. If someone did know (which would be a lie), they surely didn't say anything. We are glad you're here, and I'm still hoping you aren't going to need to update your logbook. I was telling applicants the same thing you posted all last year and I meant it! NetJets is still the industry leader, and best company I can imagine flying for.

So keep you chin up, especially on tour, and take good care of our owners. THAT is the best we can do right now.

I've actually been quite positive during this whole process, and have been working my tail off serving the owners, and my fellow crew.

The comment by G200_Pilot really is what pi$$ed me off! I needed to let him know that the "Class of 2008" has been an asset to NJA not a liability.

Did I even conduct your interview?
Maybe..I don't know. I was the overweight, balding, middle-age man in the blue suit and red tie...If that narrows it down. :p I interviewed May 28, 2008. I was the guy that flew in Ireland. Were you there?

Last edited:
I believe he meant that WITH HIND SIGHT you never should have been hired. That would be a true statement. Problem is, with hind sight the jets never would have been ordered and that's the real expense anyway.

Glass, no way to polish that turd of a post. Nice try though.

Yep, I got that "gist" in CMH too. I hate to see anyone hit the streets b/c I've been there a few times. But damn if I'm not glad that my 12000 + hours of flight time, worldwide jet experience, 100% on the written test, and acing of the sim ride didn't help me get hired in 2008. Cream of the crop...sure, what goes up must come down. Good luck to those who'll likely hit the street soon, I hope it's a short stay.

Latest resources

Back