• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wings Air @ LZU

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are 3 aircraft in the hangar that need engines right now,a few months from now there will be 3 more!! At $50K/engine,my math comes out to $600K just for engine overhauls!!!
You must have DEEP POCKETS,dude????

That's funny... I got a peek in their hangar about a week ago and there was only one plane waiting on engines.

Why are you so obsessed with an ex-employer?

Get over it dude. Move on with your life. It's not worth the stress.

That's funny... I got a peek in their hangar about a week ago and there was only one plane waiting on engines.

Why are you so obsessed with an ex-employer?

Get over it dude. Move on with your life. It's not worth the stress.

Fill us in, Josh.

A Jan. 09' join date with the first post on G-force... you gotta know sumthin'. Clearly, you're affiliated with them.

A Months Pay!!!!!

In one more week,it will be a full month since employees of Wings Air were PAID!!!!
If this continues after next,then we probably looking at quite a few defections!!!!!

Are they still flying the scheduled routes? I guess some people will work for free for awhile. I did notice like Josh said one Navajo with no engines but there were four others in the hanger for whatever reason.

Wings is not the end-all-be all flying job. But it was a job for many pilots that would have paid some bills and made life a little bit easier. I hate it when people rejoice in a company going under because that means many have lost their income.

Wings Air @ LZU,ITS OVER!!!!!

Had a very interesting phone call today,the info was that WINGS AIR IS DONE.They just laid off the entire company of employees owing everyone a MONTHS PAY,owing FBO's at LZU,ATL, AHN,MCN tons of money in UNPAID fuel bills!!!!!
It all comes back to MANAGEMENT and Wings Air simply did NOT have any!!!!

Had a very interesting phone call today,the info was that WINGS AIR IS DONE.They just laid off the entire company of employees owing everyone a MONTHS PAY,owing FBO's at LZU,ATL, AHN,MCN tons of money in UNPAID fuel bills!!!!!
It all comes back to MANAGEMENT and Wings Air simply did NOT have any!!!!

They have it, they just won't pay their debts just like a gazillion other ops I've seen shut down overnight. I've had to threaten legal action for back pay before. The stonewalling I got was incredible. I just quit, told them what I was owed and that I wasn't playing around. The place went under within a few months of my leaving, but I did get my money or most of what was owed.

someone just told me that georgia skies had an EAS contract and wings did not. single engine caravan v 2 lycomings.... now I get it..

Heard on the radio this morning that Wings air is pulling out of AHN and MCN. Continuing ops from LZU with hopes to start Rome and Columbus in the future.

Latest resources

Back