Window busted on takeoff roll

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DGdaPilot said:
... but if it truly is PFT, then why isn't every other course at SIU? In AF203 and AF204, you just basically do a bunch of solo work to build time. You log PIC, you're not taking a job from anyone, it's part 91, we're "bankrolling SIU", and you pay money for it. So what's the difference?

Because AF203 & 204 is SOLO work that doesn't effect anyone else out there.

The "charter" course you keep referring to isn't. Your PAYING ($6,000 I might add) to occupy a seat which a pilot should be GETTING paid to sit/fly in. Instead of the school paying for a career pilot to make a living flying right seat, they're getting you to PAY THEM to fill that same seat - thus taking away another possibility of employment for a career pilot looking for work.

That by most all definitions if PFT.

Heck, maybe I should go down to my buddy who owns a Falcon 50 tomorrow and tell him I'll give him $25,000 to let me fly 50 hours right seat. I bet he'd jump at that proposition! Free money for me keeping a seat warm for a few measely flight hours.

Probably wouldn't sit real well with the First Officer either when he's losing 50 hours of paycheck.

User997 said:
Because AF203 & 204 is SOLO work that doesn't effect anyone else out there.

The "charter" course you keep referring to isn't. Your PAYING ($6,000 I might add) to occupy a seat which a pilot should be GETTING paid to sit/fly in. Instead of the school paying for a career pilot to make a living flying right seat, they're getting you to PAY THEM to fill that same seat - thus taking away another possibility of employment for a career pilot looking for work.

That by most all definitions if PFT.

No you idjut, it's pt. 91. There's only 1 pilot required and they're paying the charter pilots. sheeshus

What the heck is an "idjut" ? That's great!

So are you logging this PIC or SIC since its a single-pilot airplane - and your not required to be there? I know the 421 is a single pilot airplane, I've got more then a few hours in them. But my point is, if they want a pilot in that seat so bad, they should pay someone to do it, not let someone pay them too.

And what "charter pilots" are you referring to in your last sentence? The ones that sit left-seat and actually makes a living do this?

excuse me, but I log pic and i seat left seat. Period. They don't want a pilot in a seat SO bad. They (SIU and the department) say "hey, we've got an empty seat in the cockpit, so let's put a select enrollment class in place where some students will get some valuable PIC time and learn how to operate in a customer carrying environment." Despite what you think, this CLASS was created not for the intention of money, but for opening opportunities for students. Think what you will, I don't care. I'm doing it, I love it, and you actually never did give me any useful help as to what caused our window problem.

Pft Pft Pft Pft Pft Stfu Mf'ers

Geez, you guys don't give anyone a break. Guy come on to tell his story and ask a question and you beat him up because he bought some time in a twin cessna. Go eat one you little babies.

here come some more..........

Allright, I digress... but only because the feared Lenin demanded it. No use getting sent off to frigid Siberia for this one.

DGdaPilot said:
No you idjut, it's pt. 91. There's only 1 pilot required and they're paying the charter pilots. sheeshus

So if they're paying the charter pilot, and it's a single pilot plane......doesn't that make you a passenger?

-mini

excuse me, but I log pic and i seat left seat. Period

Hmm, what does the insurance company think about that?

Do you really sign for the airplane and keep the responsibilty for the flight. or do ya have a baby-sitter in the right seat that is the "Real" PIC...?

I have done office duty in the past and looked over the stack of resumes that kept piling up.
If a low time dude with 300 hours claimed a bunch of PIC time in crafts that would normally require a 3000 hour pilot on the pay-roll, ya knew it was fake and the resume went in the trash basket.,,No questions asked.

So be careful out there, it should look real, otherwise ya are wasting yer money.

Way back when, I spent my 2.5K dough paying training and the checkride for a DC-3 type rating.
Got hired in the right seat of a 3, , and a few months later flew left side.

Figured that every chiref pilot in the business knew what a DC-3 was, and that ya could not pencil in a rating.

Guess it worked, next job was a DC-8.
200 hours later, the 747 job came around..Meal ticket for life.

So, uh like the other guys on this thread said: Don't blow good money logging twin time, that will always come with a pay-check.
Hows about getting a Citation rating instead?

No, it is not quite "Pay for Training" like the boys over at Gulfstream, there ya get hired 'cause ya paid for the mandatory 135 training, (They probably call it 121 these days?)
Ya don't pay, ya don't get hired, ya don't fly.

Paying for a rating that stays on yer ticket for life can open more doors and be a better investment....The 135 ground school and simulator are only good for that particular company.
Then ya got to pay the next company, etc.....

Any type rating looks better on the resume as it proved ya can pass a high performance course and check ride, whereas anybody can log time in a C-421 for money, even my granny and her blind dog...:D

minitour said:
So if they're paying the charter pilot, and it's a single pilot plane......doesn't that make you a passenger?

-mini

Yes, but the paid pilot is a babysitter. The student flies the thing AND talks on the radio.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back