Window busted on takeoff roll

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FN FAL said:
Yea, it's backwards Falcon. It shouldn't be that way...but how the heck are guys supposed to get multi time?
Uh, being an MEI perhaps??? When I left being a CFI I had well over 500 hours of multi time... I didn't pay for any but about the first 50 (which was during my own training, Private Multi, Commercial Instrument Multi, MEI)... Whenever possible, let someone else pay the bills!

You know...if you look at the title of this post like a little out of focus it looks like it says..."Widow busted on takeoff roll!" :)

DGdaPilot said:
P.S. I'm sorry my definition of "charter" is not the same as yours.

That was a question I was going to ask.. What is YOUR definition of Charter?? I didn't realize that there were several definitions.

Let me ask you this...... if a Rat starts showing up regularly at your backdoor, and you put a cat collar on it, feed it cat food, put cat littler out for it, and name it "Kitty"....... is it a cat or is it still a Rat?? My definition is that its still a friggin' Rat.

DGdaPilot said:
P.S. I'm sorry my definition of "charter" is not the same as yours.

If your definition of "charter" is different than the definition the whole rest of the world is using, it might be time to reconsider your use of the word.

I shouldn't be entering back into this conversation, but if it truly is PFT, then why isn't every other course at SIU? In AF203 and AF204, you just basically do a bunch of solo work to build time. You log PIC, you're not taking a job from anyone, it's part 91, we're "bankrolling SIU", and you pay money for it. So what's the difference? So is SIU just one big PFT school. I think not.

Ok, the real name of the course is: AF304 Flight Practicum. Instead of us walking around all day saying that, we merely refer to it as "charter". You guys really need to lay off the caffeine.

If PFT is just paying to fly, then yes, it's PFT.

But I think we all know that PFT is paying for a job (not a class) and cutting in line in front of another pilot that would normally be paid for the job. This just isn't the case for this class. Oh yes, that's right, don't forget it's still only a COLLEGE CLASS. If you don't want to pay the money, then don't. You shouldn't go around putting your ugly faces into other peoples' checkbooks.

I used to have a lot of respect for this site and it's posters but I'm being proved wrong more and more with each ignorant uniformed post.

cracked windows

Had the same thing happen to me on TO in a depressurized Convair freighter, only it didn't crack, it crazed. Hundreds of tiny cracks suddenly appeared. Called back & got maintenance on the radio. Wouldnt you know it--they blamed it on the crew--said we put the heat on high when we first turned it on. BULL**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**!!! Thats exactly what I told them on the company frequency.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back