Window busted on takeoff roll

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DGdaPilot said:
Nah, it's only about $6000. That's actually cheaper than renting a Seminole cause you typically get 35+ hours in the 340 and 421. I think when I took this course the first time it averaged out to $133/hour. Where else can ya rent a 421C for that!?! :) Plus you get the advantage of working in an on-demand IFR charter operation.
Interesting concept... :rolleyes: So you are paying to work for them??? :confused:

HHmmm... Seems kinda backwards to me... When I was flying Charter in a C-414A/421C about 12 years ago I was being paid about $30,000 per year ($40,346 in 2005 dollars) plus full benefits...

But they get to log PIC time because they have a high altitude signoff. Duhhh!

8410? What's an 8410? :confused:

Falcon Capt said:
Interesting concept... :rolleyes: So you are paying to work for them??? :confused:

HHmmm... Seems kinda backwards to me... When I was flying Charter in a C-414A/421C about 12 years ago I was being paid about $30,000 per year ($40,346 in 2005 dollars) plus full benefits...
Yea, it's backwards Falcon. It shouldn't be that way...but how the heck are guys supposed to get multi time?

I had to buy into a twin with a couple of "mental" air pirates to get multi time...I'm lucky I lived to tell the tale without having to do an Ipod broadcast from prison.

Uh, no, it's NOT PFT. I get college course credit for it and I'm not taking a job from some other pilot on the street. Please don't make that claim.

And who are we flying?? Well let's see: SIU's chancellor, president and other faculty. Dean of the med school and a bunch of their faculty and a bunch of other different school personal. Yes jacka$$, I'm chartering myself around, what did you think?

BTW, In no way am I making any claim to be a know-it-all professional charter pilot. But I do feel privileged to take a class like this before I graduate and go out into the real world.

Last edited:
DGdaPilot said:
Nah, it's only about $6000....you typically get 35+ hours in the 340 and 421.

holy chit...youre paying 6 GRAND for 35 hours of 340/421 time...and youre happy about it???

Are you guys operating Part 135 or 91? If you guys were doing 135 stuff and paying for it, well... However, 91 is slightly different, because you couldn't make a convincing argument that the flight department wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the students bankrolling it.

Purdue does the same thing. They have two BE20's and a BE40 in their internal flight department. The students fly as SIC's, and they fly various university big wigs around the country.

I don't know about you guys, but you have to PAY ME to fly a 421.

Ain't no way in he11 I would actually pay someone else to LET ME fly that thing. Good gawd....

Besides guys, their not paying for training, their just paying for playing... The 35 hours in a 421 isn't exactly going to be opening big doors for them without other quality time in the logbook.

DGdaPilot said:
And who are we flying?? Well let's see: SIU's chancellor, president and other faculty. Dean of the med school and a bunch of their faculty and a bunch of other different school personal.
If it's charter then it falls under PT135. Do you meet PT135 IFR minimums? If not, how do you log PIC time? Empty legs? Do they give you guys a PT135 checkride?

It sounds like you pay the bills for the chancellor, president, etc. to fly around in a 421. Good deal for them. It would be cheaper for you to rent a duchess/seneca/seminole. It would be alot cheaper to get your MEI and teach. It would look a lot better in your logbook too.

When I went to my first interview, the chief pilot laughed at the 414/425/441 time I logged on empty PT135 legs. But he loved the 500 hrs. dual I had given in the Duchess.

Good Luck.

Latest resources

Back