• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Window busted on takeoff roll

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well I'm done posting on this topic. I asked for some simple help and got 2 or 3 good answers. The rest has turned into uninformed non-SIU people making judgements and assumptions about something they know nothing about. DO NOT accuse me of PFT. And yes, this course will open doors for me because without it I would not have broken 100 hours of multi so easily. Now I'm eligible for many a flying job out there. BTW, it's part 91 and we do not bankroll the department. We simply give them the ability to split trips up so people can rest and more than one student can do a trip. This deparment was flying passengers long before they ever let students participate. I'm tired and thoroughly convinced that 90% of the posters on flightinfo were abused children.
Good night.

P.S. I'm sorry my definition of "charter" is not the same as yours.

Last edited:
DGdaPilot said:
Uh, no, it's NOT PFT. I get college course credit for it and I'm not taking a job from some other pilot on the street. Please don't make that claim.

Hey...I really don't know what's going on there and I can't make an intelligent comment as to what it is. But you don't think I'd miss a chance to take a jab at SIU do you? Besides, if I have you correct, you're the guy that beat me at rec in Lewis. :D

U of I Tweak said:
Hey...I really don't know what's going on there and I can't make an intelligent comment as to what it is. But you don't think I'd miss a chance to take a jab at SIU do you? Besides, if I have you correct, you're the guy that beat me at rec in Lewis. :D

Finally, a civil comment I can respond to. :D

Great, now you bring up flight team and rec and now people are really gonna let their predjudiced colors show. :)

Aircraft rec huh? Next thing you know there'll be pictures of you preflighting with a flight suit and helmet plastered all over the net ;)

DGdaPilot said:
I'm tired and thoroughly convinced that 90% of the posters on flightinfo were abused children.
Good night.

SO WHAT IF I WAS ABUSED. YOU WANT TO SEE ABUSED, I'LL SHOW YOU ABUSED :D :D

DGdaPilot said:
Finally, a civil comment I can respond to. :D

Great, now you bring up flight team and rec and now people are really gonna let their predjudiced colors show. :)

uh oh... still on the team? Our regional meet is next week.

Look forward to seeing you at nationals ;)

looking forward to making Riddle cry also ;)

DGdaPilot said:
The rest has turned into uninformed non-SIU people making judgements and assumptions about something they know nothing about. DO NOT accuse me of PFT. And yes, this course will open doors for me because without it I would not have broken 100 hours of multi so easily.

The reason PFT (or more accurately, Pay to Play (P2P)) gets people riled up is it is a shame to watch people throw away a lot of money (brand name flight schools), pay more than is necessary (again, brand name flight schools), pay to sit in a seat that is required to be filled (Part 121 SIC), pay to sit in a seat that doesn't need to be filled (a wide variety of "ride along" programs), or otherwise contribute to the demise of the pilot profession by undercutting their co-workers (long list of things I don't want to get into). They do this in the name of "building time" for "the majors" not having a clue that "the dream job" is disappearing, and that the "time building" jobs are where a lot of careers will be spent. All you really have to show for it is a huge student loan debt. Those that go to Riddle and then on to GIA just blow my mind. That's a lot of cash to spend on a job that will probably pay you $20k to start.

Now I'm eligible for many a flying job out there. BTW, it's part 91 and we do not bankroll the department. We simply give them the ability to split trips up so people can rest and more than one student can do a trip.

Have you seen their budget? Otherwise, how would you know?
I'm tired and thoroughly convinced that 90% of the posters on flightinfo were abused children.

Either that or we have our heads screwed on straight :) The *best* money I ever threw at aviation was the $3500 it cost me to graduate from my ATC CTI program. I spent twice that on my private, and my job prospects in ATC are much, much better. It's becoming harder and harder to have a profitable career in aviation.

Don't want to start a flame war here.

I see people complaining about this 421 deal, yet in all my time browsing Flightinfo I've never seen people complain about other deals like Purdue's King Air/Beechjet programs. And I'm sure there are other universities that have similar deals. How is this any different?

Khirsah said:
I've never seen people complain about other deals like Purdue's King Air/Beechjet programs.

Everyone who goes through the Purdue (Part 91) program flies the King Air for no additional cost. Those who go through the Beechjet program are flown to Flight Safety by Purdue for a couple of days and get an SIC endorsement (no type ratings anymore). There is no added cost involved in either of these processes.

This is also the case at Ohio University. You DO NOT have to pay any extra to fly in the King Air 350 and C90. But at SIU, you HAVE TO pay to fly a 421? That is PFT!!

Art V.

Latest resources

Back