Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will we ever see another a/c like the MD-80 again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You'll like the dc-9, like others have stated its a beast and was built like a tank. I will be going back to it also. I actually am kind of looking forward to it, especially now that i am pay protected on the Bus :beer: Its ALOT more work than the bus so be ready for that but it truly flys great.

Are you sure about the pay-protection? There are pilots junior to you flying ANCSO747. That pays about what the Airbus pays. I think you'll be pay-protected for less than a $1/hour.

Are you sure about the pay-protection? There are pilots junior to you flying ANCSO747. That pays about what the Airbus pays. I think you'll be pay-protected for less than a $1/hour.

No i am saying we will be pay protected on the Airbus because thats the plane we currently are on. The point is we wont be getting DC-9 payrates and are pay protected since we got displaced. It has nothing to do with the people junior to us or the 742's.

Last edited:
Hi!

The Bombardier "C". It is designed to seat 100-150.

It has the new Geared Turbofan engines from Pratt and Whitney. They are supposed to burn at least 20% less fuel, with at least 20% less emissions, and over, I belive 20% less noise (might be 40% less?).

NWA was planning on buying it to replace their DC-9s.

cliff
GRB

The biggest problem with the MD is that it was certified in the '60s as a DC-9. There is no redundancy for horizontal stabilizer control (1 jackscrew).

It would never get certification using today's standards.

2?

The biggest problem with the MD is that it was certified in the '60s as a DC-9. There is no redundancy for horizontal stabilizer control (1 jackscrew).

It would never get certification using today's standards.
It has been 6 years, so correct me if I have forgotten. But there is a primary trim and secondary trim. I know there is two motors. I thought there was two jack screws.

It's been six years for me too(still furloughed) but I think there were several ways to trim but only one jackscrew. At my old airline in STL we had a previous AK 80 that happened to be the only one they found with a ungreased screw to comply with the emergency AD after the accident. Lesson is grease the screw.;)

Latest resources

Back