Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will we ever see another a/c like the MD-80 again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sure, but that doesn't change the fact that its a single point operating system for a critical flight control. Plus the lubrication intervals vary wildly between operators, with the FAA's blessing.

Sure, but that doesn't change the fact that its a single point operating system for a critical flight control. Plus the lubrication intervals vary wildly between operators, with the FAA's blessing.

You just described many airplanes, from small to large.

Is that sort of like having three hydraulic sources to only one rudder pcu?

What about a dual magneto with one cam driving 2 sets of points? Guess what, that one cam has only one little screw holding it in place. If it comes loose, your a glider pilot in the single engine applications.

High wing Cessna has one bolt holding the wing strut on, if the bolt breaks, you will be auto rotating.

How many Cessna's have had a wing failure due to bolt failure?

I don't think was ever a DC-9-10F, the DC-9-10 combi version was called the DC-9-15F. The difference was the 10 had one over wing exit per side, the 15 had two over wing exits per side. BTW the 10 was was a real hot rod

You may have me on a technical point. What ever ABX had 22 years ago is what I flew. And you're right, it was a hot rod!

forget the MD-80,bring back the 727 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest resources

Back