Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will we ever see another a/c like the MD-80 again?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I miss it!!

Hey,

3500+ of MD80 time. And I enjoyed all of it. Quiet, solid, stable, decent performance, and by FAR the best looking aircraft(of the Airbus, Boeing, Douglas aircraft). In fairness I should mention that I have never flown a Boeing or an Airbus.

MDs forever!!!!

dane

PS: the answer to the original question: NO

Last edited:
I don't think was ever a DC-9-10F, the DC-9-10 combi version was called the DC-9-15F. The difference was the 10 had one over wing exit per side, the 15 had two over wing exits per side. BTW the 10 was was a real hot rod

Hey,

3500+ of MD80 time. And I enjoyed all of it. Quiet, solid, stable, decent performance, and by FAR the best looking aircraft(of the Airbus, Boeing, Douglas aircraft).

I agree it is the best looking aircraft... It's the only unique plane out there in a sea of Airbus, Boeings and such that all look alike.

There is already: It's called the Canadair CRJ-1000, T tail, rear mounted engines, and stretched way too long for its own good....

I've flown Embraer's, Boeing's, and Airbus's. I'll take an Airbus any day over the previous two. I start flying a DC-9 soon. My verdict is not out on Douglas birds yet.

You'll like the dc-9, like others have stated its a beast and was built like a tank. I will be going back to it also. I actually am kind of looking forward to it, especially now that i am pay protected on the Bus :beer: Its ALOT more work than the bus so be ready for that but it truly flys great.

Lots of old Douglas birds still flying, you cant hurt them, you just add more DMI stickers.

DC-9 is one of the best jets I have flown.

Boing got rid of the 717, simply because of who designed it.

Like others have said, the DC-8 has lost boing millions through the years.

Side note, next time you see a 757, just think of the DC-8, very simular design, and not by coinsidence.

Latest resources

Back