Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will the Fractional guys ever be a part of Crewpass?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't personally see the need to push for it.

I like it fine waiting for my turn... Longer wait times equal more duty. More duty equals more pay.
But what if it saved your company money by having it?

Like how? Deadheading? I haven't had to do that for 6 years now, but my understanding is that the airlines have cut back so much that getting on a flight you want is sometimes difficult to impossible.

I couldn't imagine inconveniencing an owner because I couldn't get a seat on an airline. I'll take my confirmed seat with an upgrade to first class so I make it on the flight and not have to worry about upsetting a multimillion dollar contract.

Are you talking CASS or CREWPASS?

If by this you mean jumpseating (CASS) instead of your company buying you a ticket to reposition, then you are breaking the rules.

At my airline, the jumpseat coordinator would get jumpseat privileges revoked for any company that used the jumpseat for company business travel. Further, jumpseat coordinators typically talk to each other and other airlines would quickly find out - making it difficult for any of your pilots who try to jumpseat legitimately.

Last edited:
Like how? Deadheading? I haven't had to do that for 6 years now, but my understanding is that the airlines have cut back so much that getting on a flight you want is sometimes difficult to impossible.

I couldn't imagine inconveniencing an owner because I couldn't get a seat on an airline. I'll take my confirmed seat with an upgrade to first class so I make it on the flight and not have to worry about upsetting a multimillion dollar contract.

No-he mentioned that he would rather take his time in the pax security line than going thru the crewpass line because doing so would make his day longer and thereby pay more (not sure I understand that one, however).

The only savings to the company I could see are reducing duty times (in some cases a considerable amount) by having the crew lines available. It could make a 1 hr show at all airports possible if crewpass were actually implemented.

Jim, CASS is a requirement of crewpass, which is why the union was pursuing it. There is no intention for NJA pilots to attempt to use airline jumpseats rather than buying tickets. I highly doubt the company would try it, and if they did, there are enough of us ex-airline guys around to put an abrupt end to it.

I highly doubt the company would try it, and if they did, there are enough of us ex-airline guys around to put an abrupt end to it.

That goes for all the fracs. It would never happen. I have thought of one possible use. Our chief pilots are based at HQ but can live anywhere. Commuting to HQ for work from home would be a legit use of a jumpseat.

Other than that it wouldn't work for moving crews to planes.

Sorry glasspilot, I worked at Avantair once upon a time. I won't put it pass S.S. from trying.

Last edited:
I wouldn't blame any business manager from thinking it would be a great way to save cash.

But S.S. never flew for an airline and may not know. Avantair does have ex-Airline guys (myself included) and that would never be allowed. I think that's what I said above when I agreed with the further above post that said exactly that.

I wouldn't blame any business manager from thinking it would be a great way to save cash.

But S.S. never flew for an airline and may not know. Avantair does have ex-Airline guys (myself included) and that would never be allowed. I think that's what I said above when I agreed with the further above post that said exactly that.

I'm not convinced it would save cash. Getting bumped off a flight and delaying an owner trip can be VERY expensive.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back