• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will SWA and AT truly merge?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bobbie, if you want to make a bet, I'm in for $1,000 that says you don't get a straight up staple!:p

I don't wok for either airline, but as an impartial observer, I see an AT staple being the fairest integration.

The list should be integrated by a vote of the pilot groups. Staple would pass easily.

Mr. En la Mort Main. You and WE have no clue how this will go down. Put the pipe down. It's all good bro.

Purchased vs merged will make no difference to an arbitrator. Be great if you guys could come to some agreements among yourselves and squeeze some dinero out of the company for easing the integration but it doesn't sound like it will happen.

Last edited:
The list should be integrated by a vote of the pilot groups.

Think about this for a moment.

Why not? It is the SWAPA way - let the membership decide!

I don't wok for either airline, but as an impartial observer, I see an AT staple being the fairest integration.

The list should be integrated by a vote of the pilot groups. Staple would pass easily.

Are you by chance an Eastie? Tyranny by the majority is a hallmark of the Eastie. If AT pilots outnumbered SWA pilots, would it be fair to staple SWA? I know I'm going to regret asking these questions...

When I read about this "merger/ purchase" I keep reading about this co. called "Guadalupe Holdings"....why is SWA not just purchasing AT outright and instead using this holding co?

Bob, are you stoned, or just stupid? You're obviously not in touch with reality. :laugh:

You don't "wok" for either airline? Who do you "wok" for? Beni-Hana's?
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
When I read about this "merger/ purchase" I keep reading about this co. called "Guadalupe Holdings"....why is SWA not just purchasing AT outright and instead using this holding co?

It has multiple tax advantages; other airlines have done the same. Nothing much to see here, no black helicopters.

Are you by chance an Eastie? Tyranny by the majority is a hallmark of the Eastie. If AT pilots outnumbered SWA pilots, would it be fair to staple SWA? I know I'm going to regret asking these questions...
We already had this discussion ad nauseum in another thread with Bobbie...

That was his general idea, take a COMBINED vote on whether to staple everyone. Since the Southwest pilots outnumber the AirTran pilots 3.5 to 1, then yes, it carries easily by the majority (all the SWA pilots vote to staple, zero of the AirTran pilots vote to staple, vote is still carried) while completely screwing the entire AirTran pilot group, thus fostering hostility and animosity for decades and destroying the corporate culture. Great idea. :erm:

So no, it's not going to happen. Just another useless piece of FI flame bait. Now, back to the discussion for people who actually a.) have a dog in the fight and b.) have USEFUL alternatives to discuss to the process.

A couple of things, that may or may not be interesting to you all. You can put this in the rumor file but still. Two B717 simulators are headed to DAL in January. Soon after the acquisition is complete, DEN will open as a crew base including B717 and B737 crews. Since this is not an existing crew base either group staffs it will be interesting who gets to staff these airplanes. Each B737 parked at a SWA domicile that was an AT aircraft will eventually be an originator out of an existing crew base.

No Flame only rumors. Cheers, sort out who will fly out of DEN and how you think a fence woulda shouds coulda who cares, fences will be irrelevant there is a good chance things need to get sorted out sooner than later for pilots who do not have as many airplanes in ATL to crew to sort out where they will go.

Figure that out will ya and let me know what you decide? I have no idea.

Just let the AirTran pilot group vote then. Staple or no deal.

That vote would easily pass by a large majority too.

Latest resources

Back