• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will Obama help or hurt Fractionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Obama will be bad for the fractionals and all of the country! He is going to have the federal government fix all the problems with tax money from the rich, ya-right. They can afford the high price accountants and find a way not to pay, then he will have to get it from us. Some how, we will end up footing the bill. The lead Democrats in Washington are complete Idiots.

You are right. Obama says that he will keep companies in the US by punishing those that export jobs. But right now, they are being punshed if they stay. The US already has one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world. On top of that, we have unfriendly tort laws and stifling bureaucracy. It would be difficult to imagine how they can be punished more than they are now, although I'm sure he has a plan.

The interesting thing is that, even with everything stacked against them, the economy is still growing and creating jobs (at least up until last week). That just goes to show the strength of American business. Imagine what they could do with a friendly tax climate as under the Fair Tax.

Like you said blueridge, don't confuse them with the facts.

BTW, latest Gallup poll: Obama 50% McCain 44%

The electoral map based on in-state polling looks more like OBummer every day.

National polls mean nothing. I'm only concerned about the 50 state polls on election day.

Although I am disappointed that more people have not seen through Obama's class-warfare rhetoric yet. It may take living under his governance to make some see the light, much the way four years under Carter gave us a decade of conservatism under Reagan-Bush 41.

What really concerns me is that the world is a lot more unstable now than in the late 70s. The lights of democracy are going out in a lot of places and Russia, Iran, North Korea, and Venezuela are all causing trouble. I really don't think Obama is ready or qualified to deal with them. The one important foreign policy decision that he was called upon to make, support for the surge, he screwed up.

If Obama is elected, I predict an Israeli strike on Iran before he takes office. They won't trust him to deal with the problem and their survival is at stake. The new Israeli PM is a wild card.

You have conveniently forgotten that Obama was an almost lone voice against the war with Iraq to begin with. In my opinion, that qualifies as an important public foreign policy stance. The problems surrounding Israel and the middle east have not exactly been front and center with the current administration for the past eight years. What makes you think that Obama can possibly do worse?
To be just, the problems growing from a more powerful Iran and an Israel in turmoil are not of Bush's making. But he has ignored them.
McCain has my respect, and I believe that he can handle the military better than Obama, but I do not care for his hawkish stance. He may be able to fight a war better, but I do not believe that he has any interest in avoiding one, or ending one.

With regards, Wacoflyr

Who ever said Palin was the most qualified of all the candidates, sure has the blinders on. And to vote for someone just because they are hot is about as silly as voting for/against one for their skin color. -Liberal/Conservative Independent American-

You have conveniently forgotten that Obama was an almost lone voice against the war with Iraq to begin with. In my opinion, that qualifies as an important public foreign policy stance.
I didn't forget. He was not in Congress then so he didn't have to make the call. It's easy to criticize from the sidelines.

Besides, I think that history will judge that the liberation of Iraq was the correct move. Read the Iraqi Perspectives Report.
http://www.jfcom.mil/newslink/storyarchive/2008/P-4287 Vol 1.pdf

The problems surrounding Israel and the middle east have not exactly been front and center with the current administration for the past eight years. What makes you think that Obama can possibly do worse?
To be just, the problems growing from a more powerful Iran and an Israel in turmoil are not of Bush's making. But he has ignored them.
You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts. Bush has pursued sanctions in the UN and worked with our NATO allies to build a coalition against Iranian nuclear programs.

He may not have been successful (largely due to Russia), but he hasn't ignored the problem. You would prefer a unilateral military strike, perhaps?

McCain has my respect, and I believe that he can handle the military better than Obama, but I do not care for his hawkish stance. He may be able to fight a war better, but I do not believe that he has any interest in avoiding one, or ending one.

With regards, Wacoflyr
With his (and Palin's) son in the military in Iraq, I believe that he has plenty of incentive to avoid and end. However, I do believe that he understands that peace is not merely the absence of conflict and that some things are worse than war.

McCain Hates Pilots!

Yeah, and Obama really gives a rat's a$$ about pilots. :rolleyes:

I'd rather have one who's indifferent to pilots -- and very supportive of unions -- than one who has publicly spoken out against "greedy" pilots and unions who "cripple" their companies.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. Unless your estate is 2 million or more there is no federal estate tax. And by the way Teddy Roosevelt was, and Warren Buffet and Bill Gates are very strong supporters of the estate tax.

Latest resources

Back