• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will Obama help or hurt Fractionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most of us understand that an Obama Presidency would be an unmitigated, colossal disaster for the economy (taxes), free speech (so-called Fairness Doctrine), health care (hope you have a Snickers bar while you wait 9 months for your bypass), crime (disarm the victim pool), foreign policy (nuclear Iran, resurgent and aggressive Russia), education (let's throw more money at failed schools), etc. etc.

Regardless, I think Obama will win and it will take just about four years for the country to completely implode. Then maybe we'll elect somebody that will actually return this country to what it was designed to be: A constitutional, representative republic where the federal government's only jobs are to provide for the common defense of the several states and settle disputes between the states. Period.

"Most of us"? Where did you get such a scientific:rolleyes: consensus?

I have on the Nomex suit. Flame away.

No need, as you have provided your own flames with your small minded alarmist "black helicopters" level of *thinking.

*I use this word quite loosely

I don't get why you all keep referring to McCain's age as a major issue on your vote. President Reagan was 69 when he first took office in 1981-1989. He was also the oldest president to live at 93(well minus the last 3-5 years with altimerzs). But he was very healthy up to around his mid 80's.

My .02

Actually, the symptoms became apparent on inauguration day.....

.....for Governor!

Long term though, I believe that human greed will rape the system to the point of collapse.

Are you nuts?? Forward thinking?? We'll have none of that!!

:nuts:

But you will let them privatize social securtiy and squander away your hard earned dollars??

I hate to break it to you, but they already have...and your kid's dollars too...and their kid's dollars. Obama will be working on your Kid's kid's kid's dollars. Obama has $3 trillion in new spending that he has proposed. Why worry about SS? The whole freaking government is falling down and you worry about SS? Besides, if you save half as good as you should, you won't be eligible for SS.

This is really a humorous thread. D or R they are ALL squandering our grandkids futures.

I do not know if anyone has noticed but we have just added TRILLIONS of dollars of debt in the past couple of weeks.

Unless we have leadership to pay this new debt (that means higher taxes and spending cuts) our nation will go bankrupt. None of us want higher taxes, but we must pay our debts off or our money will be (more) worthless.

What a bunch of fools!

We are on easy street!

To hear these candidates talk, it's a win win situation.

Mccain says he's gonna sh!tcan a bunch of people in Washington.

Obama says he's gonna get all the young people to serve their country by becoming interpreters and going overseas to dangerous areas and give them similar benefits as the military.

What will this new branch of the military be called?

I have never heard a more clueless fool!

But both promise they are gonna really get us on Easy Street.

So, I'm just kicking back waiting for the cash to roll in, trying to figure out what "share" I wanna buy.

Good luck to you all.

This is really a humorous thread. D or R they are ALL squandering our grandkids futures.

I do not know if anyone has noticed but we have just added TRILLIONS of dollars of debt in the past couple of weeks.

Unless we have leadership to pay this new debt (that means higher taxes and spending cuts) our nation will go bankrupt. None of us want higher taxes, but we must pay our debts off or our money will be (more) worthless.

Well said! And, anyone- if you get a chance (esp. once it comes out for rental) go see I.O.U.S.A. the movie. (It really should be called U.S.A.OWES.CHINA at this point), or better yet, read or google a book such as Petersen's Running on Empty. As for the post that Obama's ramp up in federal spending will "force" a cutback in other entitlements- not likely. Just as Republicans have learned to cast a wider net with tax cuts "no matter what" while avoiding spending cuts, Dems have learned to increase spending without increasing taxes enough to enrage the taxpayer. The equivalent of our racking up a massive credit card bill issued to a grandchild.

The fiscal train wreck, projecting to $55 trillion or more over 50 years, builds gradually and really ramps up (baby boom retirements full stream) after the next two prez terms. Whoever wins needs to be a "bad medicine" guy who is willing to be a one termer if need be. Unfortunately that's not likely with these panderers, in which case we'll see more and bigger "automatic", violent adjustments to the teeter tottering system as is now going to happen with the forever "lost" RE bubble (=the house that Greenspan built).

The irony is that even with these bailouts, financing the current way out of the crisis is tiny versus the scale of the mess down the road, and if these rescue packages were firmly linked to a massive, long term (and gradual) reduction in entitlements, everything could work out fine- painful, but fine in the end. But no one will step up to the plate, and the public prefers to reward panderers while conserving their precious brain cells on things like round the clock coverage of celebrity DUI's, the trailer park parent of a missing toddler in Florida, etc..

Re Uncle Warren- I stand corrected. Thanks to Warren's endorsement, I am not as worried about Obama as I used to be, but it doesn't change my mind. Plus, Warren is a lifelong Democrat, stands to have BH actually benefit from higher cap gains taxes because of its strength in older, established companies, and in any case, Warren doesn't dislike McCain, in fact he was his favorite within the Rep field. http://www.thestreet.com/_aol/s/why...L&cm_cat=Free&cm_pla=Feed&cm_ite=Feed&puc=aol&

Last edited:
I am not going to get into the Obama - McCain argument at this point. It seems to have become very emotional reading past posts and I do believe it is a secret ballot for a reason. I will say this, however, our clients are some of the smartest and most influential people around. They have thrived through both republican and democratic presidencies. They have the money to hire the best tax lawyers, accountants, and financial experts the country has to offer. They will always be the group of people with the highest net worth who pay the lowest percentage of their salaries in taxes. Also you can guarantee whatever they do pay in taxes will be money left over after their shares have been purchased. These people will be little affected by either Mccain or Obama.

This is where you are wrong... putting McCain in the white house will ASSURE it is not going to happen.. Elect Obama and you will see these things change..

ONce again.. a McCain Supporter "JUST DOESN"T GET IT" kind of like McCain himself

If you'd read the other posts, you'd know I am decidedly NOT a McCain supporter. Like I said before, I'm from Arizona, I actually met Barry Goldwater, and McCain is NO Barry Goldwater.

This is where you are wrong... putting McCain in the white house will ASSURE it is not going to happen.. Elect Obama and you will see these things change..

ONce again.. a McCain Supporter "JUST DOESN"T GET IT" kind of like McCain himself

All talking points and no substance. Tell us av8tor, what exactly will he change? Is $3 trillion in new spending "change?" Is infationary taxation "change?" Is bowing down to terrorist "change?" Is it "change" to give illegal aliens free health care?

Give me a break. The only change that Obama brings is skin color. Absolutely everything else is the same old tax and spend crap. We don't need more spending, we need cuts and in a big way.

Latest resources

Back