• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Will Obama help or hurt Fractionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I won't really be voting FOR Obama, rather AGAINST republicans.

Just say "NO" to pasty old dudes who are squarely responsible for the great state of the union that we have today.

Amen and I am with you. Regardless of who you want to win just imagine the mess they will have to deal with from the last 8 years. The question is who will do the least amount of damage in the next four years. Hmmm. McCain is the closest to Bush policies so it isn't that hard to figure what who will do what.

Obama won't ever be able to touch the majority of items he wants to change because he will be entering in a major crisis. So the question is who can best get us out of the crisis. I say say make a clean break and try something different.

I say say make a clean break and try something different.

Yeah, let's try something different.

How about we try a 20% flat tax with the first $10,000 per family member exempt? Deductions for mortgage interest on the PRIMARY residence only and charitable contributions. Dividends, capital gains and interest ALL count as regular income. Want to see a rich guy squirm? Tell him he's got to pay 20% and a smart lawyer and accountant can't hide it.

How about we try school vouchers so poor people can send their kids to a good (read: private) school where they might actually learn something?

How about we try medical savings accounts where you actually control the money, pay directly for minor procedures and office visits, and therefore have to SHOP for a doctor and a laboratory and insurance is there for CATASTROPHIC injury or illness?

How about we try term limits so Robert Byrd can't spend more than FIFTY YEARS sending pork barrel projects to West Virginia?

How about we try applying the ENTIRE Constitution to the legal system and not just the parts certain people like? (Yes, I mean the Second Ammendment but I also mean FISA courts, wiretapping, and the like)

How about we try FREEZING the federal budget for 3 years? No cuts, no growth, just a freeze. Let the Cabinet Secretaries have a cage match over who gets how much.

I'll tell you why. Because NOBODY in Washington wants to try something new. Not Republicans, not Democrats, NOBODY.

There are a dozen other areas where we should try something new. Just putting a different pol in the White House AIN"T gonna make it happen.

I have been messing around with the interactive electoral college maps on USAToday and have drawn one inescapable conclusion:

Unless Obama completely melts down in the debates and McCain wipes the floor with him, Barack Obama will be sworn in as President of these Unites States next January.

We all travel around the country and get to read the local papers, talk with the van drivers, overhear the locals at the restaurant, etc. It is clear that the American public wants a clean break. Don't confuse them with the facts.

Most of us understand that an Obama Presidency would be an unmitigated, colossal disaster for the economy (taxes), free speech (so-called Fairness Doctrine), health care (hope you have a Snickers bar while you wait 9 months for your bypass), crime (disarm the victim pool), foreign policy (nuclear Iran, resurgent and aggressive Russia), education (let's throw more money at failed schools), etc. etc.

Regardless, I think Obama will win and it will take just about four years for the country to completely implode. Then maybe we'll elect somebody that will actually return this country to what it was designed to be: A constitutional, representative republic where the federal government's only jobs are to provide for the common defense of the several states and settle disputes between the states. Period.

I have on the Nomex suit. Flame away.

I disagree...
It will be like every other crazy liberal agenda we've seen in the past.

The Media : Would have you believe that all of America wants Obama...whether it be through their fanciful stories, fake polls (take the AOL straw polls for example...if you attempt to choose McCain it gets hung up and won't accept the vote...Obama votes go right through...there are pages and pages of comments indicating thousands experiencing the same under the polls...This is only one of a VAST collective of tactics of the "Yes We Can" vocal minority)

Speaking of "vast," a vast portion of the demographics of these lunatics (and no they aren't the "educated elite and wealthy" as they try to brainwash viewers into believing) are people that, when it comes down to it...will NOT bother to vote. These people are so clueless and self-righteous that they expect EVERYONE feels the way they do...so when the time comes...they have other things to do. (Though I am not eliminating the chance of a "stolen" election with what I have seen going on at the local Board of Elections level...and changes to rules geared toward invalidating republican requests for absentee ballots, and extending voting for over a month before the election (which has never been done). I am sure there are plenty of "community organizations" who will gather derelicts to visit the election offices where they can FOR THE FIRST TIME register and vote (no waiting period) for an entire month before). If this is allowed to proceed (Ohio) all bets are off.

When it comes down to it BOTH sides suck more than any two choices I have EVER seen (and I thought Bush/Kerry couldn't get worse)...BUT in the end, people know that Obama's "ideals" and "plans" will take this country down worse than we have ever seen. America (the majority of people) will not vote for someone because it will be "historic." They will (begrudgingly) vote for McCain...hope that he lives...and pray that Hillary (and her dumba$$/unethical but good President for a semi-lib husband) comes back in 4 years, or even better...the parties realize they need to do MUCH MUCH better than ANY of them.

I'd vote for Nader, but unfortunately, our society is so geared toward the two party system that it might actually help Obama, so won't. It sickens me that either way we are doomed...but one doomed is MUCH MUCH worse than the other

Back to the topic...

NJ pilots... did your union send McCain and Obama a Questionaire about what is important to NJ pilots?

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog/2008/06/effect-of-obama.html

The success of Fractionals depends on small business owners and individuals who make well over $250,000 of income per year. Will fractional owners cut expenses, like our jobs, to keep their overall take home pay the same as under Bush's tax plan.

I'm curious to hear what some of you guys/gals think about this. Will it help us or hurt us as Pilots?

Glad they aint refering to NJ......NJ don't even look at targeting an owner unless they're worth at least 20 million.

Latest resources

Back