Will NWA and the Mechs agree?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
J32driver said:
You mean EXACTLY like Clinton did? Don't turn this into a Dem vs. Rep thing.

You are ignorant on the subject. Do some research as to why Clinton put the kabosh on the AA pilot's strike. Hint: APA is/was not affiliated with the AFL/CIO.

It is rep vs dems. The reps will continue their bashing of labor until people like you grow wiser about politics.

Glad to be gone

WillowRunVortex said:
1. It took NWA 2 months to train 1200 scumbag scab FA's. 2. If all 10,590 NWA FA's would hold hands, and walk in lock-step they could demand the moon and get it, or kill the airline.

1. My understanding is that the FA's have been forced to train some of the scab FA's on the line. The FA's took the company to court over this and LOST! Correct me if I'm wrong.

2. It really does appear to be this simple.

castle bravo said:
WillowRunVortex said:
1. It took NWA 2 months to train 1200 scumbag scab FA's. 2. If all 10,590 NWA FA's would hold hands, and walk in lock-step they could demand the moon and get it, or kill the airline.

1. My understanding is that the FA's have been forced to train some of the scab FA's on the line. The FA's took the company to court over this and LOST! Correct me if I'm wrong.

2. It really does appear to be this simple.

Your right, kind-of. The judge ruled it wasnt a significant enough case for his particular court to hear. He said they would have to grieve thru normal channels.

PFAA also has a complaint filed with the FAA, which has just given the matter to the head of the TSA regarding the distribution of NWA company training materials and other proprietary materials to non-NWA employees.

Remember these scab mech's and FA's will not actually become NWA employees until if/when they are called from their hotel room to actually cross a picket line. So they all have new NWA uniforms, training manuals etc. Have all been trained on NWA procedures during actual NWA flights. And may never actually become employed by the airline. They are "private contractors" until the fateful day of a strike. Some might say this is very questionable ground NWA management is on here with this.

That being said. The FA's have two seperate opportunities here. This time to support AMFA. Then again during their own negotiations. So, this is probably far from over. It is gonna be awhile before it becomes apparent if NWA is gonna make it out of the woods with this.

Willow,
You bring up another disappointing situation at Big Red these days- the Champion Air situation.

My understanding is that Champ Air is using NWA gates in DTW, NWA gate agents, and NWA ground handling to accomplish the wet lease flights. Also, if the rumor about NWA mgmt offering pax $100 travel vouchers each for flying on Champ Air is true (>$15k/flight), then Steenland has stumbled on a very nice new revenue generating plan!! Sure looks like mgmt is deliberately attempting to fan the flames.

I think it is refreshing to see a union in America that still has a spine. Look at recent British Airways history. Much better than any AFLCIO affiliated bunch...that's for sure.

That's because BA is a national airline. They represent their country. The country will not allow BA to go under. As for the American carriers, our country WILL allow us to disappear. It's really rather simple. Strike and possibly lose the company OR take the concessions. Totally sucks.

WillowRunVortex said:
Your tone is typical NWA ALPA. Look where their "cooperation" with management got them.

WRV,

You seem to feel that you know all of the facts. Well you may have overlooked this: The Bridge Agreement that NWA ALPA signed, giving the company $265 million dollars in concessions, allowed NWA to aquire the financing necessary to refinance the revolver loan.

This was the first CH 11 bullet that NWA dodged because they would have had to file if they were unable to refinance. NWA ALPA wanted AMFA, PFAA and the IAM to come together and do a simultaneous concessions package, but none of the other unions would even listen.

If the other unions had worked with ALPA, NWA wouldn't be able to play them against eachother like they are now. It sucks that NWA mgmt has squandered so much of the ALPA concessions money on training scab workers, but ALPA had nothing to do with that.

What's your beef with NWA ALPA? Do you think that any of the NWA employees would be better off if the company was already in CH 11?

quote:

"As for the American carriers, our country WILL allow us to disappear. It's really rather simple."

Well, it doesn't seem to be that simple. If it was, two carriers would have already disappeared. Instead, the idiotic bankruptcy laws our government sponsors allows them to hang around indefinately.

PCL_128 said:
Only one problem with that: they won't be saying "sorry that some of you lose your job" to their members, they will be saying it to themselves. The entire leadership structure of NWA AMFA is in the group of proposed furloughs in the bottom half of the list. It's a huge conflict of interestT, but it's just the way it is.

Not a conflict of interest at all in my pov. "I feel your pain" is more like it. I feel NWA mgt does not want a settlement, that would interrupt their plans to break all unions eventually.

Latest resources

Back