• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

will net jets change bases policy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The company will pay the moving expenses for a HBA pilot to move to a domicile but I can't see too many people ever taking them up on the offer. Once the "good deal" (apply sarcasm) is accepted the pilot can never go back into the HBA system. Certainly one of those times not to skip the fine print.

DO-82 driver said:
Nope...new hires have to move on their own if they want to.....
Am I misreading the contract? Because as I interpret it, as a new-hire I would get reimbursed for moving to a domicile. From Section 15, emphasis is mine:

15.1 Eligibility for Moving Expenses:
Subject to Sections 13.2(b)(i)(2) and 13.2 (b)(ii)(2), any Crewmember on the seniority list as of the date this Agreement is executed or any new hire Crewmember will be paid moving and travel expenses in the following manner:

15.1(a) New Hires
Subject to Section 13.2(b)(i)(2), at the time the Company extends an offer of employment to a job applicant, the Company shall inform the applicant that he or she is entitled to moving expenses as set forth in this Section 13.2(b)(i)(2). Pursuant to Section 13.2(b)(i)(2) the new hire pilot’s right to moving expenses shall continue for the duration of his or her employment; provided, the new hire pilot’s right to moving expenses applies to one change of permanent residence only.
So unless I'm grossly misreading something, I should get reimbursed for moving expense if I'm hired. Is there a caveat I missed?

Thanks from a guy hoping for an interview soon!

CA1900...I stand corrected...sorry about the confusion.....I have been dealing with some new hires recently concerning their abilities to change Domiciles after being hired into one. I had that on my mind....

Sorry....

CA1900 - if you accept the payment for moving expenses, you may be locked out of the HBA system. Keep that in mind.

15.1(a) New Hires
Subject to Section 13.2(b)(i)(2), at the time the Company extends an offer of employment to a job applicant, the Company shall inform the applicant that he or she is entitled to moving expenses as set forth in this Section 13.2(b)(i)(2). Pursuant to Section 13.2(b)(i)(2) the new hire pilot’s right to moving expenses shall continue for the duration of his or her employment; provided, the new hire pilot’s right to moving expenses applies to one change of permanent residence only

13.2(b)(i)(2) Crewmembers hired after ratification of this Agreement who are awarded a Home Base Airport designation and subsequently decide to move within ninety (90) miles of a Domicile will be assigned to that Domicile. Upon written request, the Company shall reimburse the crewmember for moving expenses as set forth in Section 15 of this Agreement. If a Crewmember elects to be reimbursed for moving expenses, the crewmember shall relinquish all rights to use a Home Base Airport, regardless of where he might subsequently move in the future

To quallify for moving expense as a new hire is if you are awarded a Home Base Airport designation. Then only if you move from your HBA to a domicile. Then you lose all rights to Home Base Airport in the future. At this time all new hires are Domicile based.

Speaking of changing domociles once hired, what does anyone know about that? I am in sim training right now, and i was hired into PBI. My wife and i have recently decided to try to switch to CMH, but i haven't been able to contact anyone who knows anything about how to do this, or if it is even possible. Any info would be appreciated.

call CRC they will take care of it or track down an answer for you.

it's the only thing that Boisture did right.

On the topic, does anyone know what percentage of pilots qualify as being HBA right now? Understanding that you aren't HBA if you are flying out of one of the 5 domiciles.

I guess a ray of hope is that the CBA allows the company to set the percentage of pilots that can use HBA as long as it's not below 30%. So if the company wanted they can allow 100% of the pilots to use HBA and not have to renegotiate anything.

Exactly, and the company could also work something out that lets pilots move between domiciles if they felt it would increase their ability to hire qualified applicants. 1108 is standing by to help them out of the mess it looks like they may have gotten themselves into. I say "may" to give them the benefit of the doubt, but it doesn't look good to me. It looks like a PR person's bad dream. Just when there is a lot of excitement and interest in going to NJ, they throw the brakes on it with a domicile debacle that has experienced pilots saying "No thanks" I wasn't that interested. The FO pay won't cover living there...or commuting from here. Your generous list of 3 choices doesn't meet my family's needs. Sorry.

It's an unfortunate situation for all involved. My husband tells me that they'll be flying 14/10s for quite awhile. Apparently they could use some help out on the line. In the meantime here some of you sit wondering if you live in the wrong place. What a debacle! What an apt description.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back