Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
nyboilermaker said:
He's IS great freakin' stick though.

Here's to full stall Paul and The Alien.
GO PDT!

Is the Alien still on the line? Haven't seen him in quite a while. Does he still fly around with all the lights on and the ignitors in manual in day VMC?

Had a very odd FE when I flew the 10 that more often than not told the copilot to "fleer! fleer!" during landing. He was arabic and thus the mispronunciation. I often laughed. He was told on more than one occasion to put a cork in it, but I think it was reflexive for him.
Another FE, as prescribed by our manual, would call out radio altitudes from 100 feet AGL down to 10 feet. His "100" call always made me grin: "One hunyet feet!"

Phaedrus said:
Had a very odd FE when I flew the 10 that more often than not told the copilot to "fleer! fleer!" during landing. He was arabic and thus the mispronunciation. I often laughed. He was told on more than one occasion to put a cork in it, but I think it was reflexive for him.
Another FE, as prescribed by our manual, would call out radio altitudes from 100 feet AGL down to 10 feet. His "100" call always made me grin: "One hunyet feet!"

I must know. Who you fly for chief?

Those were USAF chaps.

787 said:
Back in the day...at a small midwest airport...we at redtail had a list in ops for all the CA's that peed in our cheerios. And for those accustom to ACARS perf data...the 'numbers' were sent only after a nice long wait and numerous calls over the ops freq.

Ever think that maybe if employees spent more time doing their job and less time trying to eke out some petty little revenge, that your company might have been profitable?

I would have had a call in to the Director of SOC after the second time. Homey don't play that s#!t.

Standby 1 said:
He still does this, bwa ha ha ha. Great fun to mess with him while walking thru terminals - I couldn't resist. I also made a point to bring along a hand-held GPS when I saw I was flying with him....when he started pulling out his extra hand-held radios, etc, I pulled out the GPS and told him "right on!". He never was quite sure if I was messing with him or not. If I ever have to fly with him again (doubtful), I'm bringing along my pink fuzzy dice for the windscreen.

Flew with a CA at a previous airline who was always threatening to end his marital/financial/emotional woes by augering in on the next approach....used to scare the pee out of the FA's. His psych evals were done on a pretty routine basis, but last I heard, he was still there.

Takes all kinds..............

If I ever see his name on my pairing I'm calling sick or refusing the trip...

Ty Webb--Homey plays, or used to in the ground pounder days...Pilots play...Mgmt plays...THE GAME. Left redtail for a Brown opportunity. Certainly not my fault NW is Bk'ed. Sounds like you've been stung?

Dangerkitty said:
USAF folks that could barely speak english?!!?!?!?!? WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?
Outsourcing, DangerKitty . . . . Outsourcing. . . .

I once flew with a guy who wittled a wistle out of wood that sounded like a train wistle. He would put on a train conductors hat and blow the wistle over the PA at the end of his PA's, and then say "AAAAALLLLLL ABOOOORED!" I did a 5 day trip listening to this goofball. When I did my PA's, he would count how many times I said "um" and tell me about it. He also gave PA's at night and told everyone if it were daylight you would see the grand canyon etc... usually this was followed by a call from the stews telling him to ease up on the midnight PA's because he was wakeing up everyone.
Inbetween flights, he would go back into first class and break out this harp like instrument that layed on his lap and play songs for the F/A's.

Another guy I flew with was convinced that Y2K (remember that) was going to be the end of the world. He sold everything he had and converted all his cash to gold, thinking that was the only currency that could be used when the world started going crazy (riots, mass hysteria etc...). He said he built an underground bunker which was full of food, ammo etc...that could be selfreliant for 6 months.

I also flew with another wacko who was a huge conspiracy guy. He said that the exaust from cars had a chemical that the Gov. uses as mind control for all the citizens in the U.S., but he takes some herbal supplement that counter acts this chemical. Also told me Mr. Rodgers used to be a special forces trained killer in Vietnam, and the reason he always wore a long sleeved sweater was that it covered up all his tatoo's, also told me Mr Rodgers also used his show to subliminaly control childrens brains.

What's really insane is that these guys all flew a great airplane.

I wonder if there is a message bored for Doctors somewhere with a similar string!?

Latest resources

Back