Wierd Capt / FO / FE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BigMotorToter said:
I once flew with a guy who wittled a wistle out of wood that sounded like a train wistle. He would put on a train conductors hat and blow the wistle over the PA at the end of his PA's, and then say "AAAAALLLLLL ABOOOORED!" I did a 5 day trip listening to this goofball. When I did my PA's, he would count how many times I said "um" and tell me about it. He also gave PA's at night and told everyone if it were daylight you would see the grand canyon etc... usually this was followed by a call from the stews telling him to ease up on the midnight PA's because he was wakeing up everyone.
Inbetween flights, he would go back into first class and break out this harp like instrument that layed on his lap and play songs for the F/A's.

Another guy I flew with was convinced that Y2K (remember that) was going to be the end of the world. He sold everything he had and converted all his cash to gold, thinking that was the only currency that could be used when the world started going crazy (riots, mass hysteria etc...). He said he built an underground bunker which was full of food, ammo etc...that could be selfreliant for 6 months.

I also flew with another wacko who was a huge conspiracy guy. He said that the exaust from cars had a chemical that the Gov. uses as mind control for all the citizens in the U.S., but he takes some herbal supplement that counter acts this chemical. Also told me Mr. Rodgers used to be a special forces trained killer in Vietnam, and the reason he always wore a long sleeved sweater was that it covered up all his tatoo's, also told me Mr Rodgers also used his show to subliminaly control childrens brains.

What's really insane is that these guys all flew a great airplane.

I wonder if there is a message bored for Doctors somewhere with a similar string!?

YOU WIN!!!!! The part about the train whistle is outrageous, i'm in stitches!!!

BigMotorToter said:
I once flew with a guy who wittled a wistle out of wood that sounded like a train wistle. He would put on a train conductors hat and blow the wistle over the PA at the end of his PA's, and then say "AAAAALLLLLL ABOOOORED!" I did a 5 day trip listening to this goofball. When I did my PA's, he would count how many times I said "um" and tell me about it. He also gave PA's at night and told everyone if it were daylight you would see the grand canyon etc... usually this was followed by a call from the stews telling him to ease up on the midnight PA's because he was wakeing up everyone.
Inbetween flights, he would go back into first class and break out this harp like instrument that layed on his lap and play songs for the F/A's.

Another guy I flew with was convinced that Y2K (remember that) was going to be the end of the world. He sold everything he had and converted all his cash to gold, thinking that was the only currency that could be used when the world started going crazy (riots, mass hysteria etc...). He said he built an underground bunker which was full of food, ammo etc...that could be selfreliant for 6 months.

I also flew with another wacko who was a huge conspiracy guy. He said that the exaust from cars had a chemical that the Gov. uses as mind control for all the citizens in the U.S., but he takes some herbal supplement that counter acts this chemical. Also told me Mr. Rodgers used to be a special forces trained killer in Vietnam, and the reason he always wore a long sleeved sweater was that it covered up all his tatoo's, also told me Mr Rodgers also used his show to subliminaly control childrens brains.

What's really insane is that these guys all flew a great airplane.

I wonder if there is a message bored for Doctors somewhere with a similar
string!?

You have my vote also. I will be laughing about the Mr. Rodgers thing for a while!!

Got a guy at our company we call WMD (weapon of mass destruction) everything he touches turns to ... part of your MEL should include a NASA form when you're flyin w/him

also told me Mr Rodgers also used his show to subliminaly control childrens brains.
Mr Rogers? No....Now Barney on the other hand. Can you say New World Order?

Alright, I gotta tell it.
We had a Captain at my airline, good guy, I flew with him a few times when I was an FO and got along great with him. Been fired a few times, lots of sexual harassment stuff. I don't get offended by anything so we got along great.

Anyway...he had just come back from a sexual harassment "leave"...went to Mexico on an overnight. On the overnight he went out drinkin (within the time limit of course) and had a grand old time. The next day at the airplane he insisted on doing to walk around. The FO didn't think anything of it and just did his thing. They flew a few legs that day and this Captain insisted on doing to walk around every time. By the end of the day he was met by customs and some management folk.

It seems that while on the overnight in Mexico, he rented a gas scooter. When he left Mexico he brought the scooter with him. He put a crew tag on it and at every station he would get out and tell the rampers that it was his and make sure he kept it on the plane. Got snagged for importing goods without paying taxes on them and got fired for transporting hazardous materials (it still had some oil in the engine but no gas). And he didn't even get to keep the scooter. If this story were about anyone else, I'd never believe it. The FO had no idea what was going on until they were met by the authorities.

BigMotorToter said:
. . .<snip>. . .

Another guy I flew with was convinced that Y2K (remember that) was going to be the end of the world. He sold everything he had and converted all his cash to gold, thinking that was the only currency that could be used when the world started going crazy (riots, mass hysteria etc...). He said he built an underground bunker which was full of food, ammo etc...that could be selfreliant for 6 months.. . .<snip>. .
Didn't everyone??

ATA had the offspring of a very significant aircraft disigner/manufacturer. {cough Lear cough}

This guy had flown all kinds of aircraft. Heard he was a great stick. Was kind of a f#$%up in his dad's eyes. The was an "Area 51" nut. Lived in LAS with a showgirl and did a radio show espousing the UFO cover up. Mgt. asked him to leave after a couple of warnings.

BigMotorToter said:

If his initials were T.M., I think I flew with him on the L10. Not long after that he was ordered to cease and desist with the whistle.:rolleyes:

X

Latest resources

Back