Wierd Capt / FO / FE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PHXFLYR said:
Is he SBY based and boo- koo senior? If it's who I think it is,I flew with him in the Dash in the late 80's. One leg into BWI he try's to engage the gust lock 20 miles out while I'm flying. Told him if he tried anything like that again while I was assigned as his F/O, I'd walk off the trip on the next leg. Strange. I also rememer "The Alien". Quite a bunch of characters...

PHXFLYR:cool:

Don't forget he took some paint off the tail of a -300 in FAY too. Still a captain... If I pulled a stunt like that I'd be tarred and feathered for sure.

Here is a contender for the prize:

While on the crew bus to the parking lot after my last flight ever before being furloughed, Capt Ralph B*****n spontaneously blurted out that he was looking forward to picking up extra time while the company downsized. Something to the effect that: "The cutbacks will be a good opportunity to pick up white slips and green slips." It was no secret to him that the past few days were my last trip with the company before the first 400 guys and gals were laid off. By the way, he would fly the aircraft from the flight guidance panel on the FO's legs.

Here is a runner up:

In the crew lounge in Sept or Oct of 2001, shortly after the junior crew base meeting with management explaining the need to start furloughing, a captain said in a booming voice loud enough for everyone to hear: "Well, at least I won't have to fly with so many junior guys."

Here is poetic justice:

I am probably making more now than both of those self-absorbed pieces of FOD and that company is about to void what remains of their contract through bankruptcy.

Good luck to the decent folks left at that particular company and in the industry as a whole!

A Blast From the Past

mar said:
I just flew with a guy who apparently thinks I'm unraveled.

When we met in the hotel lobby for the first time he spotted some loose thread on my belt and quickly snapped it off (the thread). Told me I needed a new belt.

Later in the flight we were talking and I noticed his eyes kept looking down at my sleeve. When I paused he picked some lint (or maybe another thread) from my shirt.

Later, he wanted to know why my left shirt pocket was unbuttoned.

I DON'T KNOW!!! 'Cause that's where I keep my loose threads????

I just flew with this same guy the other day. We were talking about our contract and I called it the CBA.

He said, "Don't call it the CBA. Call it the contract. One less syllable."

WTF?

Weird.

I flew with a CA who claimed he was an alien from planet Zurkon and was hatched from an egg. In addition, before every takeoff and landing he put on a pair of Isotoners (the ones with the knuckles cutout and didn't cover the tip of the fingers). The alien thing is fine with me however I did ask about the gloves. He responded that he put the gloves on so that if we crashed he could pull people out of the wreckage if it was burning. Well, I suppose that made me feel safer. My personal choice would have been oven mitts or welding gloves. Actually, he was a pretty good guy once you got to know him.

Last edited:
Flechas said:
We have one that used to tell the crew that they had to walk in single file in the terminal (CA, FO, FA), among other things he does. Had a 4 day with the clown an he is my "no fly" list.
If I saw a CA, FO, and FA walking shoulder to shoulder in the terminal, I'd think that was weirdest. It's not the freaking MOD squad, it's people efficiently getting down an asle.

Maybe the FA should lead? Who cares, but walking three or four abreast would be a pain.

Now if the captain called cadence while you were doing this and insisted on you starting off with the left foot, then I could see where this would be getting weird.

BeerBrewer said:
...I belive he was the same one who took his 7 year old son with him in the jumpseat for 4 legs because they junior manned him and he did not have a baby sitter. Crewservices said too bad bring him along, so I guess he did.

I'm sorry, but that's awsome. You gotta respect a guy like that!

All these pages and no ASA guy has yet mentioned Pickin Pete the boogerman.

Or the ATR captain that carried glamour shots of his cats.

Or the two Brasilia captains that lived in Panama City and used to have Ugly Contests (the loser would stand outside and watch the winner through the window)....

Or Cousin It, the Brasilia captain who had hair down to his waist. He would pin it up and wear a wig until the cockpit door was closed (actually a real cool guy if he's reading this....)

Or the Gemini guy who passed out on New Year's Eve in the elevator of the Holiday Inn in Seoul. The Koreans saw him on the security camera and went in and put a blanket on him. He rode the elevator for ~4 hours, Koreans in fancy clothes stepping over him. That same guy used to complain because the hookers in Nairobi charged more if you didn't wear a condom.

Now this is going back to 1995, I got on the shuttle bus from the employee lot at EWR to the terminal. This thing got on the bus in pilot uniform (CAL) It was a man dressed like a woman. The Capt. I flew with that day told me his/her name and that it was a 737 F/O. Anyone know anything about this thing? That was the only time I ever saw it. I can't imagine flying with her/him!!!

Latest resources

Back